Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: can't

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 46,362
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #11
    Why can'tyou do smileys?

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 2,077
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #12
    I have been condemned to use words and words alone!! I have become like a character in a novel!!

    I don't know Tdol. I click on them and this is an example of what I get

    :shock:

    Maybe I am not doing the right thing? I just click on them. It's no big deal though. It's OK. I mean I come here for more important things. Smilies are cute, but then isn't seeing my :shock: just fabulous? I leave a lot more to the imagination. It's poetic!! :D :D :D

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 46,362
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #13
    :shock!!!:


    I suppose there are more important issues on earth than s,ileys, like, err...

  1. Casiopea's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2003
    • Posts: 12,970
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by navi tasan
    I have been condemned to use words and words alone!! I have become like a character in a novel!!

    I don't know Tdol. I click on them and this is an example of what I get



    Maybe I am not doing the right thing? I just click on them. It's no big deal though. It's OK. I mean I come here for more important things. Smilies are cute, but then isn't seeing my just fabulous? I leave a lot more to the imagination. It's poetic!! :D :D :D
    :D
    :D

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 2,077
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #15
    Thanks Cas,
    When you quote me the pictures develop!!
    It's like asking to borrow somebody's face!
    Could I have your face just for a second to show this guy that I find what he said funny!!
    I'd rather borrow your knowledge of the English language though. The good thing about knowledge is that you multiply it by sharing it (someone else must have said that before, which means I have learnt it somewhere!! Which proves that it is true... Wish I had invented it though).
    In any case, don't worry about the smilies (why don't we call them shockies and laughies and (Tdol's favorites) winkies ?).
    Cheers!!

  2. Casiopea's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2003
    • Posts: 12,970
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by navi tasan
    Thanks Cas,
    When you quote me the pictures develop!!
    It's like asking to borrow somebody's face!
    Could I have your face just for a second to show this guy that I find what he said funny!!
    I'd rather borrow your knowledge of the English language though. The good thing about knowledge is that you multiply it by sharing it (someone else must have said that before, which means I have learnt it somewhere!! Which proves that it is true... Wish I had invented it though).
    In any case, don't worry about the smilies (why don't we call them shockies and laughies and (Tdol's favorites) winkies ?).
    Cheers!!
    Hey, :D , try this: when you reply to a post, at the bottom of that window, there're 5 boxes:

    Disable HTML in this post
    Disable BBCode in this post
    Disable Smilies in this post
    Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
    Notify me when a reply is posted

    Note the one in bold. Don't check it. :D Leave it blank. Also, if you go to your "profile", there may be a similar box there too. Look and see.

    All the best, :D

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 46,362
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #17
    Well spotted, Cas.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 2,077
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #18
    Let's see. Is it going to be :D or or :( ?

    PS. It worked!!! It worked!! Thanks Cas, it was the "Disable Smilies in this post". It was on. Now it works. I didn't check my profile. I don't think I have to.
    From now on, it's going to be smilies left and right!!
    You have a lot of
    I am
    And Tdol is :wink:
    I'd rather be :D than :( !
    I had to think of this myself and I am a little
    I have always been :?
    From now on i'll try to be a little more 8)

    I did a spell check and the machine told me my faces were wrong!! Just kidding!

  3. Casiopea's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2003
    • Posts: 12,970
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by navi
    I did a spell check and the machine told me my faces were wrong!! Just kidding!
    |
    |
    |

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 2,077
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #20
    As Tdol would say: :wink:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •