Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    lina08 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Advantages of Being Bilingual

    In the United States of America, there are a lot of people from different parts of the world. We can find a diversity of cultural and languages. The most basic necessity for everybody is to communicate with each other. It is very important to speak two languages. There are two advantages of being bilingual. The first advantage is that you can get a better job and the second advantage is that you can translate to other people in their language.

    The first reason is that you can get a better job. If someone wants to get a better lifestyle and be successful in the new place. They should communicate and speak the language. They have more opportunities to get a better job and to get a competitive salary. Some companies seek for a bilingual person it is depends of the customerís demand.

    The second advantage of speaking two languages is that you can translate for people that speak your language. This could help with many things that someone might need in every day life. For example, papers or any documents that you have to sign. You are able to translate and know what it is saying and sign with security. It also allows easier communication and better way to express your self.
    In conclusion, when people come to another country and they learn the new language, it is going to be better and easier for them to adapt to the new system and their new life. They can have more opportunities in every area like personal, work environment and family.

  2. #2
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: i need help with my essay

    Quote Originally Posted by lina08 View Post
    In the United States of America, there are a lot of people from different parts of the world.


    Quote Originally Posted by lina08 View Post
    We can find a diversity of cultural and languages.
    In this country, there is a diversity of cultures and languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by lina08 View Post
    The most basic necessity for everybody is to be able to communicate with other people.

    There is nothing wrong with that sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by lina08 View Post
    It is very important to be able to speak two languages. There are two advantages to being bilingual. The first advantage is that you can get a better job and the second advantage is that you can translate to other people in their language.

    Who is "you" directed to?


    Quote Originally Posted by lina08 View Post
    The first reason is that you can get a better job. If someone wants to get a better lifestyle and be successful in the new place. They should communicate and speak the language. They have more opportunities to get a better job and to get a competitive salary. Some companies seek for a bilingual person it is depends of the customerís demand.

    Try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by lina08 View Post
    The second advantage of speaking two languages is that you can translate for people that speak your language. This could help with many things that someone might need in everyday life. For example, papers or any documents that you have to sign. You are able to translate and know what it is saying and sign with security. It also allows easier communication and better way to express yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by lina08 View Post
    In conclusion, when people come to another country and they learn the new language, it is going to be better and easier for them to adapt to the new system and their new life. They can have more opportunities in every area like personal, work environment and family.

    What kinds of opportunities?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The Advantages of Being Bilingual

    Hello Lina08,

    After reading your assay, I found two main ideas "you can get a better job" and "you can translate for people that speak your language". I want to bring up my option for the first main idea.

    Knowing bilingual, you can get a better job (you can get a job easily). The United States has been built by immigrants, and it is also a great place where people from the world visit everyday. At first, immigrants and tourists can not speak English well, so people knowing bilingual are necessary for communications in some service places or companies. Nowadays, some companies hire employees with their advertisement " . . . Chinese, Spanish, Japanese . . . . speaking is preferred ", and on the competition of businesses, most of retail, merchandise and grocery stories, employees speak bilingual sometimes. They help, guide and introduce customers to their products. On airplane, after flight attendants introduce bout their airplane companies and airplaneís schedules by English to their customers, they also announce by another language that depends on their native countries. For example, in the Japanese airplane, a flight attendant announces by Japanese language after she finished English.

    You may not like the details that I support the main idea, but this is the option, and I hope you have another look.

    Good Luck,

    Nam Thao

Similar Threads

  1. Bilingual skills / bilingual skill
    By englishstudent in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-Aug-2006, 19:18
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2006, 07:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hotchalk