Post Thanks / Like

Default Girl from Germany needs your help

Hi everybody ^^,

I would like to work or intern in the USA. therefor I wrote a coer letter and a resume. Now I need the help of native speakers to check my spelling and grammer.
    I wold be very happy if someone of you would do it for me.
    I know it is a hard job to check spelling and grammer. So I say thank you now^^.

Here my cover letter:

Dear Company Representative,

I play for a long time xxxxx and xxxxx From your company's web site Xxxxxx.com I learned about your need for a bilingual Technical Support Representative for your customer service center in Irvine, California. I am very interested in this position, and believe that my education, employment and volunteering background are appropriate for the position.

My Name is xxxx. I graduated from the University of xxx in Germany with a Masterís Degree in Computer Science.
    Here I dealt with different fields of Computer Science like computer hardware and networking. During my study I operated with the operating systems Windows and Linux/Unix.

I am very friendly, energetic, flexible, patient, motivated and helpful as my Work Experience and Volunteering indicate in my resume. So I worked a long time as a social tutor at the University of xxxx supporting foreign students there. Furthermore I trained Pupils at school in handling personal computer and application programs. I also manage the community Xxxxx.com and support the members having technical problems and more. Moreover I have a big interest in playing role-playing, strategic life-simulation and real-time strategy computer games. So I have a long time experience with the Games, knightfight, Sims, Sims II, Secondlife, and Empire Earth II. With this big experience in different games I am able to get in new games very fast.

I speak three languages, German, Persian (Iranian) and English. This and my experience in supporting members, students and also pupils would allow me to support customers with these languages and different age groups.
    The unique and interactive xxxxx games made me seeking for Jobs on your web site. Here my goal is to support and help the Customers of xxx products to satisfy them. Furthermore I would like to make them playing and enjoying the games without problems. For this reason I would like to do an internship or get this position in your company.
    Please note, that I will arrange my own visa as well as health and accident insurance through CIEE. I also will adjust housing by myself.

Thank you for your consideration of my request. I hope that there may be an opportunity to join your firm. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    If you would you like to discuss my interest in this position or my qualifications further, please call me at xxxxx. You can also contact me at the email address xxxx.
    I will be available at your convenience.
    Please remember that my resume is added as attachment to this email.

Sincerely,
    my name

Now my Resume:

Name:

Home Address:

Phone:
    Mobile:
    E-mail:
    Marital status: Single
    Nationality: German

Objective: A responsible internship, part-time or full-time position as a Technical Support Representative where I can leverage my experience and languages I can to support and help the Customers of xxxx products to satisfy them and make them enjoying the games without problems.

Education: University of xxxxx; Master of Science Degree in
    Computer Science with mark ďB".

Work Experience:

Part-time job
    firmxxxx, Inc., Munich (Germany)
    September 2007 to now
    Developing Websites und Blogs by Wordpress and training the employees in editing Wordpress

Social Tutor at IO (Interational Office) of the University of xxxxx
    September 2005 to now
    Supported foreign students in settling in Germany and finding jobs, in Addition organized social events and parties for them. This project cooperates with DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).

Student assistant at the University of xxxxx
    August to December 2006
    Developing Html/CSS Webpages

Part-time Job
    firmxxx, Inc., munich (Germany)
    April 2005 to April 2006
    Evaluating the Software called xxxxx on Linux and Windows operating System. Duties included developing small programs in C, C++, JAVA and Python and representing the System Bauhaus on Cebit 2006.

Tutor at Highschool
    April 2005 to April 2006
    Training pupils in building, programming and transforming the Programs on Legomindstorms.

Student assistant at the University of xxxxx
    July 2004 to December 2004
    Developed Forms in PHP working with Excel.

Student assistant at the University of xxxxxx
    June 2003 July 2003
    Analyzing technical documentations to find out how to write a good
    technical documentation.

Internship at the University of Campinas in Brazil
    October 2004 to December 2004
    Occupied with designing and programming of an e-learning website with PHP and Html.

Honors and Activities:
    - Develop and administer the Community Xxxxxx.com created in typo3. Here on one hand I mange the
    community. On the other hand I support the members having technical
    problems. Furthermore I am responsible for the content.
    - Member of the Organisation IAESTE (The International Association for the
    Exchange of Students for Technical Experience), which supports foreign
    students

Computer Skills:

Languages/Databases: MySQL, PHP, HTML and Java Applets, CSS
    Operating Systems: Linux/Unix, Windows
    Tools: Xampp (Apache, MySql, PHP), wamp (Apache, MySql, PHP), Content Management System (Typo3, Wordpress)
    Software: MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw
    Network and Protocol: TCP/IP, http

Other Skills:

Languages: German (excellent)
    Persian (excellent)
    English (reading and audible understanding)

References: Available upon request

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Girl from Germany needs your help

I have been playing games from xxxx.com for a long time(or since XXXX) I learned about your need for a bilingual Technical Support Representative for your customer service center in Irvine, California. I am very interested in this position, and believe that my education, employment and volunteering background are appropriate for the position.

My Name is xxxx. I graduated from the University of xxx in Germany with a Masterís Degree in Computer Science.
    Here I studied different fields of Computer Science like computer hardware and networking. During my studies I became profecient with Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems.

I am very friendly, energetic, flexible, patient, motivated and helpful (as my Work Experience and Volunteering indicate in my resume). I worked a long time as a social tutor at the University of xxxx supporting foreign students there. Furthermore I have trained Pupils at school in handling P.C's and program applications. I also manage the community Xxxxx.com and support the members who have technical problems. Moreover, I am interested in playing role-playing, strategic life-simulation and real-time strategy computer games. I have a long experience with the games like Knightfight, Sims, Sims II, Secondlife, and Empire Earth II. With all this experience I am able to get (into?) new games very fast.

I speak three languages, German, Persian (Iranian) and English. This and my experience in supporting members, students and also pupils would allow me to support customers in these languages and different age groups.
    The unique and interactive xxxxx games on your website made me seek for a job with you. Here my goal is to support and help the Customers of xxx products to satisfy them. Furthermore, I would like to make them play and enjoy the games without any problems. For this reason, I would like to do an internship or get this position in your company.
    Please note, that I will arrange my own visa as well as health and accident insurance through CIEE. I also will arrange(?)housing by myself.

Thank you for your consideration of my request. I hope that there may be an opportunity to join your firm. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    If you would you like to discuss my interest in this position or my qualifications further, please call me at xxxxx. You can also contact me at the email address xxxx.

Sincerely,
    my name

That's the cover page done. Where i put a '?', i'm not sure of what your meaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Niigatablue,
    thank you for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Niigatablue View Post
    With all this experience I am able to get (into?) new games very fast.
    This sentece means: Because of playing games a for a long time, I am able to learn handling new games very fast. How do you say this in English?

Quote Originally Posted by Niigatablue View Post

I also will arrange(?)housing by myself.
    This sentece means: I am going to seek for a accomodation by myself when I am in the USA. So the Employer does not need to do it for me. How can I say this?

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Company Representative,

I learned about the bilingual Technical Support Representative position from your customer service center in Irvine, California. I am very interested in this position, and believe that my education, employment and volunteering backgrounds are appropriate for this type of work.

My Name is xxxx. I graduated from the University of xxx in Germany with a Masterís Degree in Computer Science. There, I dealt with different fields of Computer Science, such as computer hardware and networking. During my studies, I operated with the operating systems, Windows and Linux/Unix.

I am very friendly, energetic, flexible, patient, motivated and helpful as my Work Experience and Volunteering indicate in my resume. I also worked a long time as a social tutor at the University of xxxx, supporting foreign students there. Furthermore, I trained Pupils at school in handling personal computer and application programs. I also managed the community Xxxxx.com and supported members having technical problems and other issues. Moreover, I have a big interest in playing role-playing, strategic life-simulation and real-time strategy computer games. So, I have an extensive background in the Games, knightfight, Sims, Sims II, Secondlife, and Empire Earth II. With this experience in different games, I am now able to access new games very fast.

I speak three languages: German, Persian (Iranian) and English. Combined with my experience in supporting members, students and also pupils, this will allow me to support customers with these languages and from different age groups.

The unique and interactive xxxxx games resulted in me seeking for a Job on your web site. Here, my goal is to support and help the Customers of xxx to find products to satisfy them. Furthermore, I would like to help them play and enjoy the games without problems. For this reason, I would like to do an internship or get this position in your company.

Please note, that I will arrange my own visa as well as health and accident insurance through CIEE. I also will obtain my own housing.

Sincerely,
    my name

Post Thanks / Like

thank you very much susiedqq