ggomad Guest

be asked for vs. be asked of

Mr. Smith is regularly asked ___ her opinion concerning the outlook on the Internet on-line game industry.

A. of B. for C. as D. to
    The answer is said to be C by the book. But, doesn't A(of) fit the blank as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: be asked for vs. be asked of

Quote Originally Posted by ggomad
    Mr. Smith is regularly asked ___ her opinion concerning the outlook on the Internet on-line game industry.

A. of B. for C. as D. to
    The answer is said to be C by the book. But, doesn't A(of) fit the blank as well?
    Actually, the answer should read B., not C. :D Typographical errors are known to happen. Humans are fallible, even grammarians. :wink:

A. Mr. Smith is regularly asked of her opinion concerning the outlook on the Internet on-line game industry. :(

B. Mr. Smith is regularly asked for her opinion concerning the outlook on the Internet on-line game industry. :D :D Asked to provide something (i.e., an opinion, information)

C. Mr. Smith is regularly asked as her opinion concerning the outlook on the Internet on-line game industry. :(

D. Mr. Smith is regularly asked to her opinion concerning the outlook on the Internet on-line game industry. :(

All the best, :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Smith is regularly asked for her opinion concerning the outlook on the Internet on-line game industry.

Did Mr. Smith undergo changing sex operation? 8)

ggomad Guest
    Thanks, Cas, again for your complete reply with the well-indicated emoticons.

Maybe I seemed to have been confused with another expression : Can I ask a favor of you?
    What's this got to do with that question above? Hmm. nothing.

By the way, typographical error is mine. What in the world was I thinking when I typed it? Ha,ha.

Bye for now.
    Sweet dreams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknomi
    Mr. Smith is regularly asked her opinion concerning the outlook on the Internet on-line game industry.

Did Mr. Smith undergo changing sex operation? 8)
    |
    |

In this day and age, it's best just to accept it. :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ggomad
    Maybe I seemed to have been confused with another expression : Can I ask a favor of you?
    ask (Verb) + a favor of you (Object: noun + prepositional phrase) :wink:

ask for (Phrasal Verb) + her opinion (Object) :wink:

ask + her (Direct Object) + for her opinion (Prepositional phrase, Indirect Object) :wink: