Thread: cold call

• Post Thanks / Like

cold call

So one day my friend and I made a cold call to the grain company, and we switched coats ahead of time. My arms were lost in the sleeves of my friend's coat.(He's about 30 centermeters taller than I am.)

The two are my fatacies.
    1. You make a phone call to a company, and you talk in a rather impolite manner.
    2. You ring someone and before he answers the phone, you hang up first. You make it a several times without really reaching the other end. It's kind of harrassment.

I bet I'm wrong this time!

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: cold call

[quote="blacknomi"]
    So one day my friend and I made a cold call to the grain company, and we switched coats ahead of time. My arms were lost in the sleeves of my friend's coat.(He's about 30 centermeters taller than I am.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxford Dictionary of Current English
    cold call -n. marketing call/visit on a person/company who has previously not shown interest in the product. -v. visit or telephone a person in this way.
    :D

• Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, I thought it is a slang so I didn't look it up. I'm sorry for the laziness.

• Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknomi
    Oops, I thought it is a slang so I didn't look it up. I'm sorry for the laziness.
    No worries. :D

• Post Thanks / Like
    In poker, you cold call when there have been several raises in front of you but you still call when it's your turn. This generally shows great strengh. On the contrary, you can be "tricked" into calling each raise separately if you sit between the raisers. This would go like:
    A: I make it 2
    B: your 2, plus 4 more
    you: I call the 6! <-- cold call
    2nd scenario:
    you: I call
    A: I call

Anyway, it's probably all Greek to you if you don't play poker. It's a nice game though ;)

FRC

• Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois
    In poker, you cold call when there have been several raises in front of you but you still call when it's your turn. This generally shows great strengh. On the contrary, you can be "tricked" into calling each raise separately if you sit between the raisers. This would go like:
    you: I call the 6! <-- cold call
    2nd scenario:
    A: I call

Anyway, it's probably all Greek to you if you don't play poker. It's a nice game though ;)

FRC
    I love playing poker. And it's all Greek to me if you explain in English. What is 'raise'? :?

• Post Thanks / Like
    When you bring the stakes up, you raise. You want to do that when you have a good hand, so that you can take a nice and juicy pot if you win. But then come deception, psychology etc. :)

FRC