Thread: essay

Unregistered Guest

Default essay

please would you please help me check my grammar and commas mistakes and replace being verbs for other words here is my paragraph: Emily Dickenson, born in Amherst in 1830; Dickenson was a shy girl and her best friends became the books and dictionaries in which she found companion. Emily Dickenson never receive love from her father, her dad always likes his son instead of his daughter and this made Dickenson feel more lonely, as a consequence of the love that she never had, Dickenson try to leave her home more than once, but never did it until her dad died. In 1886, one of America's greatest poets Emily Dickenson died of a kidney disease at the age of fifty-five when she still looked young. After Dickenson's death, her sister Vinnie found the poems of Emily Dickenson after she died, and she decided to publish them.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: essay

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    please would you please help me check my grammar and commas mistakes and replace being verbs for other words here is my paragraph:

Emily Dickenson was born in Amherst in 1830; Dickenson was a shy girl and her best friends became the books and dictionaries in which she found companion [plural books/dictionaries = plural for companion needed]. Emily Dickenson never receive [past tense required] love from her father. Her dad [ keep to the formal term in an essay]always likes [incorrect tense] his son instead of his daughter and this made Dickenson feel more lonely. As a consequence of the love that she never had, Dickenson try [incorrect tense] to leave her home more than once, but never did it until her dad [formal term required] died. In 1886, one of America's greatest poets, Emily Dickenson died of a kidney disease at the age of fifty-five when she still looked young. After Dickenson's death, her sister Vinnie found the poems of Emily Dickenson after she died [Not required- you have already twice said that she died], and she decided to publish them.
    First and most important - make sure you spell the name of your subject correctly: Emily Dickinson

"As a consequence of the love that she never had" = This would be better expressed in this way: "As a consequence of the lack of love from her father, "