This is the CV:
    C U R R I C U L U M V I T A E
    Your name
    PO Box xxx
    Dammam xxx
    Tel: xx xxx

WORK EXPERIENCE
    2002-PRESENT
    Quality Metals, Dammam Have worked for this company since September 2002 as Warehouse Manager. In charge of a staff of 50; responsibility for ordering steel and other metals required in the factory. Job involves keeping up-to-date computer records of stock held in warehouse. Also responsible for meeting local suppliers of required materials. Quality Metals provides Saudi Aramco with steel pipes.

1998-2002
    Jiddah Municipality, Water Treatment Plant Deputy Manager Warehousing. Responsibilities included ordering parts and equipment from local suppliers.

EDUCATION

1993-1998
    Graduated from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals Dhahran in June 1998 with BS in Mechanical Engineering, GPA 2.77. Took courses in Management Information Systems (MIS), Warehouse Computing Systems, Cost Control.

PERSONAL DETAILS

Saudi; age 34; married; born in Abha. Full driving licence and passport.

INTERESTS

Photography, volleyball, computing.

REFERENCES

Available upon request

This is the advertisement:

and this is my Cover Letter:
    P.O.Box xxxx
    Qateef
    3 March 2008

Tell: xxx
    Mobile: xxx
    Email: xxx

Personnel Manager
    P.O.Box 105689
    Riyadh 11656

I have just seen your advertisement in the Saudi Gazette of 1 March requesting applications for Material Engineer. I believe that this position is ideal for my work experience and education qualifications and I am eager to be on your staff.

As you will see from my enclosed CV, I have been with my present employer, Quality Metals, for nearly six years. This is a highly innovative company in the local area, and our team, which includes myself and a staff of fifty, has had great success in developing our business. In addition, I have experience in ordering steal and dealing with local suppliers. We recently received a certificate of excellence from Saudi Aramco Company.

My academic background and degree match with your requirements. I am confident that my knowledge and experience will benefit your company and its goal. As you can see from my CV, I took a course in management, which support me to cut the loss of your company. I should be very happy to work with to work with your company.

After few days, I will be in Riyadh for couple of weeks. I should like to arrange for interview at any time convenient to you.

The name of the company and the reciever are not given

Thanks

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please correct my cover letter

WORK EXPERIENCE
    2002-PRESENT
    Quality Metals, Dammam Employed with this company since September 2002 as Warehouse Manager. In charge of a staff of 50; responsible for ordering steel and other metals required in the factory. Job involves keeping up-to-date computer records of stock held in warehouse. Also responsible for meeting local suppliers of required materials. Quality Metals provides Saudi Aramco with steel pipes.

1998-2002
    Jiddah Municipality, Water Treatment Plant Deputy Manager Warehousing. Responsibilities included ordering parts and equipment from local suppliers.

EDUCATION

1993-1998
    Graduated from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals Dhahran in June 1998 with BS in Mechanical Engineering, GPA 2.77. Took courses in Management Information Systems (MIS), Warehouse Computing Systems, Cost Control.

PERSONAL DETAILS

Saudi; age 34; married; born in Abha. Hold current driver's license and passport.

INTERESTS

Photography, volleyball, computing.

REFERENCES

Available upon request

Your letter is well written - Good luck!