• Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Accept the job offer and ask for salary rise

Dear teachers and friends,

Here is the situation. Kindly please proof read my writing. Your kind assistance would be very much appreciated.

A couple of months ago, John turn down job offer from company A because at the same time, he also had another offer from company B. After considering both companies, John decided to work at company B. however, after 2 months working there, John found that the job is boring and didnít match with his experience. Write a letter to company A asking whether they still can accept you there. Ask about the salary rising too.
    Accept offer as Engineer at company A

Dear Michael,
    The above matter is referred. Thank you for your kindness to offer me a job as Engineer at company A two months ago. After considering your offer carefully, I decided to accept the job.
    As per our conversation with Michelle, she told me that my salary would be USD 2000. Iíd be very much appreciated if you can raise the salary up to USD 3000.
    Your kind consideration would be very much appreciated.
    Best regards,
    John
    Any better ideas, any comment? Thank you guys.

Batfink is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Ireland
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accept the job offer and ask for salary rise

This sounds like someone's homework. You know you must try yourself first or you will never learn.

hampeh is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Batfink, teachers and friends,

Thanks for your reply. By the way, this is not homework but the actual things that happened. Let say Company ABC offered you a position as Engineer. However, the salary that you requested during the interview is not fulfilled. Therefore, Iím planning to write an email to them asking for a little increment from what they offered. Is there any better way to write an email.? I already draft it as above, but Iím not sure whether the wording is correct or not.

Your advice on this matter would be highly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you and best regards,

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

What is not clear from all this is whether the company has actually offered you a job now.

If it has, and if during any interview you did not discuss the salary level, I think you are likely to have a problem. You can only suggest that maybe your experience warrants a slightly higher salary than that quoted originally. To be frank, if someone coming to me for a job at a quoted salary, was interviewed, offered a job and then asked for 50% more, I would be very unlikely to agree - and would probably dismiss them from consideration.

I suggest you think again about this email.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Try:
    Thank you for your kindness in offering me a job as an engineer at company A two months ago. After considering your offer carefully, I have decided to accept the job.
    You can ask for a 50% raise before you have even been hired, but be prepared to have the job offer withdrawn. That is if it is still on the table. (Two months can be a long time. The position may have been filled by now.)