masaria Guest

Smile Questions on formal expressions

hi to all,

I'm writing a formal proposal and I would like to check a few expressions that I would like to use.

First of all , the adverb of INTERDISCIPLINARY is INTERDISCIPLINARILY ?

Seconf, can anyone tell me if the following pieces of sentences are correct, and suggest any more formal expression?

1) this solutionappears as a suitable way to rationalize the approaches (the meaning is that what I propose is a good way of re-organizing the approaches to a certain experiment)

2).... merging scientists from different disciplines (it should mean ..scientists with different background that gather to share their knowledge)

3) "deep experience" or "profound experience", which is better? any other more formal alternative?

Thank in advance for your help....

masa

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on formal expressions

Quote Originally Posted by masaria View Post
    hi to all,

I'm writing a formal proposal and I would like to check a few expressions that I would like to use.

First of all , the adverb of INTERDISCIPLINARY is INTERDISCIPLINARILY ? Could you possibly provide the full sentence? It is not a neat word and there may be alternatives.

Seconf, can anyone tell me if the following pieces of sentences are correct, and suggest any more formal expression?

1) This solution appears to be a suitable way to rationalize the approaches (the meaning is that what I propose is a good way of re-organizing the approaches to a certain experiment)

2).... merging scientists from different disciplines (it should mean ..scientists with different background that gather to share their knowledge)

"including scientists from different disciplines"

3) "deep experience" or "profound experience", which is better? any other more formal alternative? This rather depends on the full context. Both are acceptable, but the meaning is affected by the full sentence/paragraph.

Thank in advance for your help....

masa