Thread: Résumé Review

Post Thanks / Like

Résumé Review

As this is my first résumé in English, I would be grateful to anyone willing to glance at it. Ty

Name
    Adress
    Mail
    Mobile Phone

Job Title

EXPERIENCE

Sep. 06 to now : X (Pharmaceuticals, Sales > € 400 M.) – Manufacturing Controller (Permanent contract)
    - Monthly closing and stocks analysis (3 plants), inventories
    - Costing : France & Export manufacturing costs (standards, quotations, opportunity studies…), purchasing prices analysis, destruction management.
    -Reporting processes recasting and tools development (decrease in data output time)

Oct. 05 - Jan. 06 : X (Diagnostic in vitro, Sales > € 1 Billion) – Controller (Fixed-term contract)
    - Budgetary control of 5 Support Directions (Staff costs and overheads)
    - Automating project leading related to stocks and investments

Feb. 05 - July 05 : X (Plastics) – Controlling / Audit (Internship)
    Audit of the whole Group management rules (trading, budgetary, manufacturing) and production of a collection intended to Finance Staff.

Feb. 04 - July 04 : X (Transport) – IT (Internship)
    Study (project and functional specifications) then development of a Web data-processing park within a project team.

EDUCATION

2004 – 2005 French MASTER PROFESSIONNEL 2nd year in Organizational Finance and Management Controlling equivalent to a Postgraduate degree (1 year) following my Master - Lyon 2 University
    2001 – 2004 French IUP MIAGE equivalent toa Master's Degree in Computer Science Applied to Management - Lyon 1 University (Ingénieur-Maître’s title granted)
    2000 – 2001 French DEUG MIAS 1è année equivalent to One year of University Degree in Maths and Computer Science

SKILLS

Standards : US GAAP, IFRS (academic knowledge)
    Tools / ERP : ERP Adonix Prodstar (GPAO & Finance), IRIS Finance, advanced Excel & Access, PowerPoint, Cognos ReportNet (notions)
    Others : Data request (SQL), advanced VBA programming, HTML/XML, ASP, PHP

LANGUAGES

French : Mother tongue
    English : TOEIC score : 980 out of 990 – Test passed on March 1st, 2008
    German : Notions

MISCELLANEOUS

Sport & Hobbies : Volley-ball, skiing, mountain biking, sciences and technologies, theater, motorbike

REFERENCES

References available upon request.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Résumé Review

EXPERIENCE

Sep. 06 to now : X (Pharmaceuticals, Sales > € 400 M.) – Manufacturing Controller (Permanent contract)
    - Monthly closing and stock analysis (3 plants), inventories
    - Costing : Domestic & Export manufacturing costs (standards, quotations, opportunity studies), purchasing prices analysis, destruction management.

-Reporting processes recasting and tools development (decrease in data output time)
    This is not clear. Do you mean you had to report on processing, recasting and tools development (three separate things) or is 'processes recasting' a term in itself? I presume the intended reader will know what 'decrease in data output time' is referring to in terms of those two or three things.
    I think, though, it should begin "Reporting on processes..."

Oct. 05 - Jan. 06 : X (Diagnostic in vitro, Sales > € 1 Billion) – Controller (Fixed-term contract)

- Automating project leading related to stocks and investments

You would need someone with specialized knowledge to tell you whether this is correct.

Audit of the whole Group management rules (trading, budgetary, manufacturing) and production of a collection intended to Finance Staff.
    Don't understand this.

Study (project and functional specifications) then development of a Web data-processing park within a project team.
    Do you mean you that you conducted a study?
    re 'data-processing park': Not sure what this is ..but again, this could be my ignorance of the lingo.

EDUCATION

2004 – 2005 French MASTER PROFESSIONNEL 2nd year in Organizational Finance and Management Controlling equivalent to a Postgraduate degree (1 year) following my Masters - Lyon 2 University
    2001 – 2004 French IUP MIAGE equivalent to a Master's Degree in Computer Science Applied to Management - Lyon 1 University (Ingénieur-Maître’s title granted)
    2000 – 2001 French DEUG MIAS 1è année equivalent to One year of University Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science

SKILLS

Tools / ERP : ERP Adonix Prodstar (GPAO & Finance), IRIS Finance, advanced Excel & Access, PowerPoint, Cognos ReportNet (notions)

LANGUAGES

German : Notions
    I think you are taking the meaning of 'notions' as 'a vague understanding' to mean you understand a little German. If so, we would not use the word in that manner (except, if somebody were talking double dutch, I might say, "I have no notion what he's talking about."
    I think the best you could say would be "Some acquaintance with the language" - (another poster is sure to come up with something better than I\ve suggested.)

MISCELLANEOUS

Sport & Hobbies : Volley-ball, skiing, mountain biking, science and technologies,

theater,
    OK if going to an American company, otherwise 'theatre'

motorbike

REFERENCES

Available upon request.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Résumé Review

Thanks for your useful help. I tried to correct the points which were not clear : Just a question, why a s after 'Master' cause I have only one ?

EXPERIENCE

-
    Monthly closing and stock analysis, physical inventories
    - Costing :
    Domestic & Export manufacturing costs (standards, quotations, opportunity studies), purchasing prices analysis, destruction management.
    - Recast reporting processes and developed tools (decrease in data output time)
    Oct. 05 - Jan. 06 : X (
    In vitro Diagnostics, Sales > € 1 B.) – Controller (Fixed-term contract)

-
    Drove Automating project related to stocks and investments with Business Intelligence

Conducted the review of the whole Group management rules (trading, budgetary, manufacturing) and produced a procedures’ frame of reference.

Study then development of a Web data-processing park within a project team.
    Do you mean you that you conducted a study? -> YES but not alone that's why I haven't used the verb "conducted"
    re 'data-processing park': Not sure what this is ..but again, this could be my ignorance of the lingo. -> In my view all the computers, printers, network equipments... of an entity

EDUCATION

2004 – 2005 French MASTER PROFESSIONNEL 2nd year in Organizational Finance and Management Controlling equivalent to a Postgraduate degree (1 year) following my Master
    s - Lyon 2 University
    2001 – 2004 French IUP MIAGE equivalent to a Master's Degree in Computer Science Applied to Management - Lyon 1 University (Ingénieur-Maître’s title granted)
    2000 – 2001 French DEUG MIAS 1è année equivalent to One year of University Degree in
    Mathematics and Computer Science

SKILLS

LANGUAGES

German :
    Novice

MISCELLANEOUS

Sport & Hobbies : Volley-ball, skiing, mountain biking,
    science and technologies,

theater,
    OK if going to an American company, otherwise 'theatre'

motorbike