• Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile get across my meaning?

Hi, dear experts. Could you, please, tell if you understand the following?

"In the evening, before New Year's Day, the hostess makes the traditional cheese pie with homemade sheets of pastry and cheese. It is baked with cornel twigs and a coin inserted in it. The number of the buds on a twig tells a luck. The cheese pie is usually made in a round tray that is put in the middle of the table and the host or the oldest person spins the tray so you get the piece thatís facing you. ..often you end up with crumbled piece in your plate from searching for your luck in it"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: get across my meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by snade17 View Post
    Hi, dear experts. Could you, please, tell if you understand the following?

"In the evening, before New Year's Day, the hostess makes the traditional cheese pie with homemade sheets of pastry and cheese. It is baked with cornel twigs and a coin inserted in it. The number of the buds on a twig tells a luck. The cheese pie is usually made in a round tray that is put in the middle of the table and the host or the oldest person spins the tray so you get the piece thatís facing you. ..often you end up with crumbled piece in your plate from searching for your luck in it"
    It's a nice story. Here are some suggestions:

On New Year's Eve, the hostess prepares a traditional cheese pie with homemade pastry. It is baked with cornel twigs and a lucky coin is put inside. The number of buds on the twigs is important. The cheese pie is usually made on a round tray that is placed in the middle of the table. The host, or the oldest person, spins the tray and you must eat the piece of pie facing you. You often end up with a pile of crumbs on your plate after searching for the coin.

maybe the pie is usually made IN a round tray ?
    I didn't understand the importance of the buds and my sentence is not great !