if you need strategies, here you go:
- Keep in mind the exact amount of time you have to complete the exercise (18 minutes on the First Certificate, 20 Minutes per section on the TOEFL).
- Read the text through quickly without stopping to check your understanding of individual words. The first reading is to get a general understanding of the text.
- Read the text a second time more carefully. This time take to time to pause at sections you may find more difficult.
- Scan the multiple choice questions without looking at the answers. See if you can answer the questions easily by yourself. Skip any questions that you cannot answer immediately.
- Re-read the multiple choice questions and answer. Skip any question that find too difficult.
- If you can not find something close to your original answer (step 4) to the question, take a look at the text again.
- After you have answered each question, return to the text to find a justification for each of your answers.
- Return to the questions that you were not able to answer immediately and see if you can answer them now.
- If you still have time, check that the other possible answers are not specifically referred to in the text.
- If you find the text easy do step three before step four.
- Never spend too much time on any one question.
- Don't worry about understanding every single word. Reading comprehension focuses on general comprehension"
source: Take a Reading Comprehension Multiple Choice Test