Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default pleas check my paragraph

    Every one in this life have a personality which make him different to other persons. first of all our daily life is the main part of establishing this personality, each one express sides of his personality by dealing with other people.There are several adjectives in our personality which really make it and the person who have it bacomes his personality and every one know him during it such as,shy, stubborn,ambitious,talkative,hard-working and so on.To sum upm , people who never know you will think as he see that your behavior is rsflects your personslity , so be wise and becarefull.

  2. #2
    RedMtl's Avatar
    RedMtl is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile Re: pleas check my paragraph

    Quote Originally Posted by amola View Post
    Every one in this life have a personality which make him different to other persons. first of all our daily life is the main part of establishing this personality, each one express sides of his personality by dealing with other people.There are several adjectives in our personality which really make it and the person who have it bacomes his personality and every one know him during it such as,shy, stubborn,ambitious,talkative,hard-working and so on.To sum upm , people who never know you will think as he see that your behavior is rsflects your personslity , so be wise and becarefull.

    You will get more than one interpretation regarding this passage. I will give you one, which is accurate, but which may not be the choice of another person. Note that varying uses of English will be part of the reason for the differing replies you may receive. One of these differences is the tendency, especially in North America, to use the plural where the singular should, in fact, be used. This seems to stem from a desire to avoid using the masculine to represent the feminine. Those who speak gender based languages such as French or German (to cite two) find this a rather unusual, and at times a difficult to follow, approach.


    Every person in this life has personal traits, and an individual personality. These things help to make him different from other people. Daily life plays a major role in establishing these traits. Everyone expresses his personality through his interactions with other people.

    Many adjectives can be used to describe these traits. These include: shy, stubborn, ambitious, talkative and hard-working, to mention just a few.

    To sum up: One who does not know another individual personally will always base his opinion of a given person upon the personality traits which are publicly visible at the time when first acquaintance is made. As such, an individual should always be careful to present the best possible public persona.

    Note that this is an interpretation of your wording, and not a precise correction. I hope it will help you to find the wording you need for your written material.

    Good luck.

  3. #3
    susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: pleas check my paragraph

    Amola - this was not written well

    Did you proof read your work?
    Did you read every sentence and make sure the subject and verb agreed?
    There were many spelling mistakes, too.

    Here are your sentences corrrected gramatically.
    Try to slow down and do a better job, next time


    Everyone has a personality which makes him different from other persons. Daily living is the main part of establishing this personality. Each person expresses sides of his personality by dealing with other people.There are several adjectives which can make up a person's personality and everyone knows them: shy, stubborn,ambitious,talkative,hard-working, etc. In sum, your behavior reflects your personality, even to those you don't know. So be wise and be careful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: pleas check my paragraph

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMtl View Post
    You will get more than one interpretation regarding this passage. I will give you one, which is accurate, but which may not be the choice of another person. Note that varying uses of English will be part of the reason for the differing replies you may receive. One of these differences is the tendency, especially in North America, to use the plural where the singular should, in fact, be used. This seems to stem from a desire to avoid using the masculine to represent the feminine. Those who speak gender based languages such as French or German (to cite two) find this a rather unusual, and at times a difficult to follow, approach.


    Every person in this life has personal traits, and an individual personality. These things help to make him different from other people. Daily life plays a major role in establishing these traits. Everyone expresses his personality through his interactions with other people.

    Many adjectives can be used to describe these traits. These include: shy, stubborn, ambitious, talkative and hard-working, to mention just a few.

    To sum up: One who does not know another individual personally will always base his opinion of a given person upon the personality traits which are publicly visible at the time when first acquaintance is made. As such, an individual should always be careful to present the best possible public persona.

    Note that this is an interpretation of your wording, and not a precise correction. I hope it will help you to find the wording you need for your written material.

    Good luck.
    Thank you for your answer it is very important to me and thank you for correcting my mistakes , i will do my best next time .
    amola

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: pleas check my paragraph

    Quote Originally Posted by susiedqq View Post
    Amola - this was not written well

    Did you proof read your work?
    Did you read every sentence and make sure the subject and verb agreed?
    There were many spelling mistakes, too.

    Here are your sentences corrrected gramatically.
    Try to slow down and do a better job, next time


    Everyone has a personality which makes him different from other persons. Daily living is the main part of establishing this personality. Each person expresses sides of his personality by dealing with other people.There are several adjectives which can make up a person's personality and everyone knows them: shy, stubborn,ambitious,talkative,hard-working, etc. In sum, your behavior reflects your personality, even to those you don't know. So be wise and be careful.
    Thanks alot
    I know that my paragraph is not that good but i will keep trying.Thank you for your help and i'll do my best next time.Although i'm facing a big problem with grammar but i'll try.
    amola

Similar Threads

  1. Please check my paragraph writing
    By fahimaamir in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-Mar-2008, 06:14
  2. Paragraph check
    By danielkramer in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-Apr-2006, 13:26
  3. Check Paragraph
    By tanyasmart in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-Feb-2006, 07:54
  4. Please check my paragraph
    By tanyasmart in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-Jan-2006, 03:19
  5. please check on my paragraph...
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-Mar-2004, 03:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hotchalk