popsie is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Informal letter - for FCE

I would be very obliged if you can give some your spare time to read and correct my writings.

Dear Alex,

Many thanks for your letter - it was really nice to hear from you again.

It sounds great to spend some time together, indeed!. As you know, I知 keen on travelling and Ireland is such an interesting country.

Firstly, I知 afraid I知 busy in July, as well as, in September. So that, the best time for me is August. Is it OK for you?

Actually, I知 not good at swimming. I would rather choose Wicklow Mountains Center. I知 interested in climbing much more. What do you prefer?

One friend of mine recommended staying in rooms at the centre. There is a lot of clubs, discos and fitness centre, too. I absolutely agree with him.

Lastly, the price (300 Euros per week) seems to be reasonable. Is it allright for you?

That痴 all for now. I must start my homework for my English class tomorrow. The teacher wants us to write an informal letter to a friend and I don't even know where to begin!

Once more, thanks a lot for your offer. I look forward to seeing you.

All the best,

Jane

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Informal letter - for FCE

Quote Originally Posted by popsie View Post
    I would be very obliged if you can give some your spare time to read and correct my writings.

Dear Alex,

Many thanks for your letter - it was really nice to hear from you again.

It sounds great to spend some time together, indeed! As you know, I’m keen on travelling and Ireland is such an interesting country.

Firstly, I’m afraid I’m busy in July as well as in September, so the best time for me is August. Is it OK for you?

Actually, I’m not good at swimming. I would rather choose Wicklow Mountains Centre. I’m interested in climbing much more. What do you prefer? One friend of mine recommended staying in rooms at the centre. There are a lot of clubs, discos and a fitness centre, too. I absolutely agree with him.

Lastly, the price (300 Euros per week) seems to be reasonable. Is this all right for you?

That’s all for now. I must start my homework for my English class tomorrow. The teacher wants us to write an informal letter to a friend and I don't even know where to begin!

Once more, thanks a lot for your offer. I look forward to seeing you.

All the best,

Jane

popsie is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for your help.

One more guestion, could I replace 'so the best time for me is August' to ,so August suits for me best'? If yes, which one is more informal, I mean which one is better to use in this case? Thanks in advance.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

... so August suits me best... is what you need to change it to.

They are equally good - neither more formal nor informal.