• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

When somebody told me the wrong way...

When I was 17 years old my mom paid the English class for me. During that time my parents divorced and every two weeks I had to visit my father. From my father's house, I had to take another direction to go my English class. When I took the bus, I asked somebody how to get to the Centennial high school and then the guy told me the wrong way. Because that person told me the wrong way, I decided to ask the police officer to drive me to that school who also offer ESL class. When I came to the classroom, I told every classmate including the teacher that a police officer drove me to the English class. Let me tell you everyone was laughing and at the end my teacher asked me if I will call the 911 to get in my father's house and after that I could stop to laugh when she asked me that question.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: When somebody told me the wrong way...

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgol View Post
    When I was 17 years old my mom paid the English class for me. During that time my parents divorced and every two weeks I had to visit my father. From my father's house, I had to take another direction to go my English class. When I took the bus, I asked somebody how to get to the Centennial high school and then the guy told me the wrong way. Because that person told me the wrong way, I decided to ask the police officer to drive me to that school who also offer ESL class. When I came to the classroom, I told every classmate including the teacher that a police officer drove me to the English class. Let me tell you everyone was laughing and at the end my teacher asked me if I will call the 911 to get in my father's house and after that I could stop to laugh when she asked me that question.
    When I was 17 years old my mom paid the tuition for me to go to English class. During that time my parents divorced, and every two weeks I had to visit my father. From my father's house, I had to go in another direction to go my English class. When I took the bus, I asked somebody how to get to Centennial high school and the guy told me the wrong way. Because that person told me the wrong way, I decided to ask a police officer to drive me to another school that also offered ESL class. When I came to the classroom, I told everyone including the teacher that a police officer had driven me to the English class. Let me tell you everyone was laughing, and a one point the teacher asked me if I was going to call 911 to get to my father's house, and I had to laugh when she asked me that question.
    What do you think?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post

If I may, RonBee, I see a couple of typos:
    When I was 17 years old my mom paid the tuition for me to go to English class. During that time my parents divorced, and every two weeks I had to visit my father. From my father's house, I had to go in another direction to go to my English class. When I took the bus, I asked somebody how to get to Centennial High School and the guy told me the wrong way. Because that person told me the wrong way, I decided to ask a police officer to drive me to another school that also offered ESL class. When I came to the classroom, I told everyone including the teacher that a police officer had driven me to the English class. Let me tell you everyone was laughing, and at one point the teacher asked me if I was going to call 911 to get to my father's house, and I had to laugh when she asked me that question.
    What do you think?
    A

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

When I was 17 years old my mom paid the tuition for me to go to English class. During that time my parents divorced, and every two weeks I had to visit my father. From my father's house, I had to go in another direction to go my English class. When I took the bus, I asked somebody how to get to Centennial high school and the guy told me the wrong way. Because that person told me the wrong way, I decided to ask a police officer to drive me to another school that also offered ESL class. When I came to the classroom, I told everyone including the teacher that a police officer had driven me to the English class. Let me tell you everyone was laughing, and a one point the teacher asked me if I was going to call 911 to get to my father's house, and I had to laugh when she asked me that question.
    What do you think?
    I think it's good but I didn't mean I went to another school.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgol View Post
    I think it's good but I didn't mean I went to another school.
    OK....please try to write the sentence correctly and let us have a look at it.

Cheers,
    Amigo

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Here is the sentence in question:
    Because that person told me the wrong way, I decided to ask the police officer to drive me to that school who also offer ESL class.
    "That school that also offers ESL class" indicates that it is a different school.

Let's try:
    Because that person told me the wrong way I ended up at the wrong place. I decided to ask the police officer to drive me to school.
    What do you think?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Let's try:
    Because that person told me the wrong way I ended up at the wrong school. I decided to ask the police officer to drive me to my school.

What do you think?

RonBee, let's eliminate any confusion. Will the additions take care of this problem?

Cheers,
    Amigo

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amigos4 View Post
    RonBee, let's eliminate any confusion. Will the additions take care of this problem?
    I cannot tell from the text that the place where he ended up was a school. I am fairly sure, however, that he ended up at the wrong place since it was not where he wanted to be. Also, I am not sure how calling the school "my school" clarifies matters.