Thread: Keep it square

Antonio Guest

Default Keep it square

Hi Group,

What does it mean the phrase "Keep it square", I understand that is not very common in spoken english. But I know that this uncommonly word has two meanings. The first one means "keep it simple" and the second one means "Good-Bye" that is not so common, but people can understand you If you said it.

If I am right or wrong, or I am missing some other meanings of this word, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Keep it square

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio
    Hi Group,

What does it mean the phrase "Keep it square", I understand that is not very common in spoken english. But I know that this uncommonly word has two meanings. The first one means "keep it simple" and the second one means "Good-Bye" that is not so common, but people can understand you If you said it.

If I am right or wrong, or I am missing some other meanings of this word, please let me know.

As a farwell saying, "Keep it square" means, keep it respectable, be conservative. It can carry a sarcastic tone (i.e., Don't be conservative; Be liberal).

All the best, :D

Antonio Guest

"Keep it straight" means "Keep it honest". Can you give me some examples of "Keep it square" as a Goodbye and a common way, and in a sarcastic way too.

Thanks in advance,
    Antonio.