Results 1 to 5 of 5
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

    • Join Date: Nov 2005
    • Posts: 631
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    background of the movie

    When you write a movie review, and want to introduce the background, can I say as follows?

    The background of this movies is during world war II.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Dec 2007
    • Posts: 145
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: background of the movie

    Hi Bosun

    The background of this/the movie is during World War 11. is fine.
    Regards Stilo

  1. banderas's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,513
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: background of the movie

    Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    When you write a movie review, and want to introduce the background, can I say as follows?

    The background of this movies is during world war II.
    How about:
    The movie is set in... (here give the place like France, Belgium, whatever) during World War Two.

  2. Barb_D's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2007
    • Posts: 17,804
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: background of the movie

    Quote Originally Posted by banderas View Post
    How about:
    The movie is set in... (here give the place like France, Belgium, whatever) during World War Two.
    Yes, this is exactly what I would say.

    It's set in coastal France on the even of the Normandy invasion, or whatever. You can give location, date, and even major historic events that have taken place or are about to take place.

  3. banderas's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,513
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: background of the movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    Yes, this is exactly what I would say.

    It's set in coastal France on the even of the Normandy invasion, or whatever. You can give location, date, and even major historic events that have taken place or are about to take place.

Similar Threads

  1. movie review
    By bosun in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-Jun-2007, 20:22
  2. learning movie screenplay and translation of English- Chinese
    By english-learner in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-Jan-2006, 06:41
  3. I've just watched a movie and have questions
    By HaraKiriBlade in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-Apr-2005, 14:33
  4. About learning movie screenplays and TV show transcripts
    By english-learner in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-Apr-2005, 11:42
  5. Background
    By NewHope in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-Dec-2004, 16:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •