hoho Guest

Question My essay needs grammtical check!!

"The law is reason free from passion. Well, no offense to Aristotle but in my three years at Harvard, I have come to find that passion is a key ingredient to the study and practice of law and of life."

This is what Elle Woods said at Harvard Law school graduation speech in the movie 'Legally Blond'. And this is also the trigger of my future dream, lawyer in America.

While I went to elementary school and middle school, I was a parents' pet. And my parents' dream was just what I dreamed, I thought. So when my father told me to be a lawyer, I asked nothing but only believed that that's what fited for me. But entering a high school, everything changed. It was very hard to study as the months went by, and I desperately needed a goal. You might think, 'What's happening about that lawyer dream?' And, yes, I still believed that's just the only job that I can have.

However it was strange. 'If that's 'the vocation', then why do I feel so suffocating whenever think about that?' I drifted, and wandered. As I had no 'fixed route' any more, studying was just a meaningless thing, and I felt like in a sticky gum. I watched English movies, sitcoms, and TV series in obsession to escape from reality. And strangely, the more I watched, the more I fell in love with English.

Finally one day, I ran into 'that movie', Legally Blond! Elle Woods made me laugh, cry and feel. Feel something in my core, the abstract but pure passion for the law, the passion for my own dream. Elle also built the new concept of lawyer in me, from the tons-of-money-making job to passionate-for-the-law job. And with more ambition, I decided to defend my client with my sweetheart, English.

Of course, my parents have never thought about of me living in America, so they preached me that I was just want to run away from Korean entrance exam. But I didn't care in the least because, at last, I stood on my own feet to run for my own dream and I knew I will make it. (Oh, and what they said is not true, of course.)

Please, help !!

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My essay needs grammtical check!!

Of course, my parents had never thought about me living in America, so they told me that I was just wanted to run away from the Korean entrance exam. But I didn't care about that in the least because, at last, I stood on my own two feet to puruse my own dream and I knew I would make it. (Oh, and what they said is not true, of course.)