Post Thanks / Like

Default Could you please revise my cover letter?

Hello! I am a French translator, and I know that my cover letter needs revision, as this is the first time I apply in English and I am not at ease with idiomatic expressions. I would like to apply today, so if you can go over it as soon as possible, I would appreciate very much.
    Please do not hesitate to make corrections and to give me some suggestions.
    Thank you in advance!
    Anieta

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your posting for an English to French freelance translator grabbed my attention as I am currently launching myself as a freelance translator, and after going through your Web site with great interest, I decided to apply to offer you my services.

I possess a trilingual University degree in translation from a French University. After working for the last 5 years as an in-house translator in various companies in Montreal, I decided at the beginning of this year to work as a freelancer as I believed I had gained enough experience and skills to deal with my own business.

Over the years, I developed strong abilities in translation, proofreading as well as in editing, in various fields such as marketing, advertising, subtitle translation and web site localization.
    I handle French language perfectly and I am always trying to render the message with right idiomatic French words and expressions adapted to the audience.
    Furthermore, I am a multi-tasking person with a strong creative sense and I love taking initiatives. With each freelance project I undertake, I guarantee high quality work delivered on or before deadline and prompt response to your phone calls and emails. I do believe that my skills would be a valuable asset to your company I can currently devote about 30 hours a week to you.

For more detailed information please refer to my enclosed resume. I would appreciate a personal interview at your earliest convenience.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could you please revise my cover letter?

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am interested in applying for the position of the English-to-French freelance translator, as seen on your website. I am currently launching myself as a freelance translator and possess a trilingual University degree in translation from a French University.

After working for the last 5 years as an in-house translator in various companies in Montreal, I have decided to seek work as a freelancer. Over the years, I developed strong abilities in translation, proofreading as well as in editing, in various fields such as marketing, advertising, subtitle translation and web site localization.

I grasp the French language perfectly and I am able to render the message with right idiomatic French words and expressions, adapted to the audience.
    Furthermore, I am a person who can multi-task, and possess a strong creative sense, including taking initiatives. With each freelance project I undertake, I guarantee high quality work delivered on or before deadline and prompt response to your phone calls and emails. I do believe that my skills would be a valuable asset to your company. I am able to devote up to 30 hours per week to this job.

For more detailed information, please refer to my enclosed resume. I would appreciate a personal interview at your earliest convenience.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Just some suggestions . . . less personal and more professional wording.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could you please revise my cover letter?

Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it!

Anieta