• Post Thanks / Like

Informal letter - pls. check it

Dear Robin,

Many thanks for your letter - it was really nice to hear from you again.

It sounds great to spend some time together, indeed! As you know, I’m keen on sport, especially football. I’m interested in tennis as well. Is it possible to attend individual tennis courses in the camp? I really need to improve my forhand and backhand.

Firstly, I’d recommend staying in tents. It’s cheaper, isn’t it? It’s not as comfortable as rooms, but who cares. I’d prefer to spend my money for more courses or something like that.

Actually, I’m not good at cooking. On the other hand, one thing which I know perfectly is a delicious goulash. It’s really tasty and simple to prepare.

Lastly, my dream is to watch ice hockey match NHL team Calgary Flames in its arena. Why don’t we make it before our departure to the camp?

That’s all for now. I must start my homework for my English class tomorrow. The teacher wants us to write an informal letter to a friend and I don't even know where to begin!

Once more, thanks a lot for your offer. I look forward to seeing you.

All the best,

Jan

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Informal letter - pls. check it

Dear Robin,

Many thanks for your letter - it was really nice to hear from you again.

It sounds like a great idea to spend some time together, indeed! As you know, Iím keen on sports, especially football. Iím interested in tennis as well. Is it possible to attend individual tennis courses in the camp? I really need to improve my forehand and backhand swings.

Firstly, Iíd recommend staying in tents. Itís cheaper, isnít it? Itís not as comfortable as rooms, but who cares? Iíd prefer to spend my money for more courses or something like that.

Actually, Iím not good at cooking. On the other hand, one thing I do know how to make perfectly is a delicious goulash. Itís really tasty and simple to prepare.

Lastly, my dream is to watch ice hockey match NHL team Calgary Flames in its arena. Why donít we try to make a game before our departure to the camp?

Thatís all for now. I must start my homework for my English class tomorrow. The teacher wants us to write an informal letter to a friend and I don't even know where to begin!

Once more, thanks a lot for your offer. I look forward to seeing you.

All the best,

Jan

Good job; just some wording suggestions

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Informal letter - pls. check it

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.