Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Post Thanks / Like

Angry what's kind of question is good question?

hey

what's kind of question is good question?
    these days,I am always thinking how to get good question when you join the conversation class.Sometime I am going to conversation class the foreign teacher will be give your chance to ask him some questions.

However,I got chance to ask them,but I still think my questions is so boring when I asked him.And sometime I am very quiet,I mean:I have no question to ask them.I have no idea to ask.Let's me sad.

Do you know what's kind of question is good question??Would you give me suggestion?

Thanks a lots.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's kind of question is good question?

What do YOU want to learn? Ask questions about that subject. The important thing is to be able to say it and understand the answer.

• Post Thanks / Like

i guess there aren't any stupid questions. it depends on who you're asking, if you ask the right question to the right person, it won't be stupid

i mean you never know until you ask, just make sure it's in the topic

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oregeezer View Post
    What do YOU want to learn? Ask questions about that subject. The important thing is to be able to say it and understand the answer.
    Nothing..I mean:no topic,no subject.You just want to ask what you want.But I have no idea to ask,I think I have no good questions to ask.I joined the conversation class--I just sat down and listerned another classmates to asked the teacher questions.Sometimes the teacher told us:"this is good questions"the teacher said.

So,I just want to know some good questions and to get some topic...that's all.
    Thanks so much

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beaverbeaver View Post
    i guess there aren't any stupid questions. it depends on who you're asking, if you ask the right question to the right person, it won't be stupid

i mean you never know until you ask, just make sure it's in the topic
    Thanks for your help.But the teacher didn't give topic to you.You just ask some questions.if you get good questions we can get topic to talk.if you have no good question,you just get answer..that's all.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Wu View Post
    hey

what's kind of question is good question?
    these days,I am always thinking how to get good question when you join the conversation class.Sometime I am going to conversation class the foreign teacher will be give your chance to ask him some questions.

However,I got chance to ask them,but I still think my questions is so boring when I asked him.And sometime I am very quiet,I mean:I have no question to ask them.I have no idea to ask.Let's me sad.

Do you know what's kind of question is good question??Would you give me suggestion?

Thanks a lots.
    I hope that the teacher is doing more in the class than sitting there taking questions from students.

It really isn't important what the questions are, PW as long as you're getting a chance to actively participate in two way conversation.

I don't know the level of the class, but there really are a zillion and one questions that you could ask.

Try some here.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverkid View Post
    I hope that the teacher is doing more in the class than sitting there taking questions from students.

It really isn't important what the questions are, PW as long as you're getting a chance to actively participate in two way conversation.

I don't know the level of the class, but there really are a zillion and one questions that you could ask.

Try some here.
    Okay,I try my best...thanks

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi all

Pheonix, this is a GOOD question to ask your teacher, "what's kind of question is a good question?" Ask it.

Let us know what s/he said.

• Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, I think you've got a good topic for your conversation class. Try it. It would be very interesting.
    Good Luck!

• Post Thanks / Like

I think that what the teacher probably means by the "good" question is one that is not easily answered, and that it will lead to discussion.

So you need to find questions that cannot be answered in one word, but need to be reasoned out. "What is a good question" is a good question!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast