• Post Thanks / Like

Can some one help me in highlighting mistakes in this paragraph

For past few months, my deficiencies in all domains of the English language have been revealed. Apparently, I have lost confidence. However, I am a kind of person that always have motivation to face challenges. I decided to practice English writing, reading and speaking, on daily bases. I am impatience to improve my English skills overnight though I realize its not possible. I have started my journey on learning path. In that regard, I am writing this paragraph, I am sure you can give me quite useful feedback to improve my English skills. In this paragraph I will describe my deficiencies in writing English.

I will start from very basic mistakes that I think I make. Punctuation, I make immense number of mistakes while punctuating my text. Usually, I punctuate my text with “,” (Comma). Since, I do not know where to put these punctuations, so to avoid mistakes I try not to employ any other punctuation utility. Until now, I have read huge amount of literature about using the Comma, I understand literature but I am unable to apply it to my writings. So, using Comma and other punctuating items is a significant problem for me.
    Another problem, that created worries for me is using articles. I studied literature how and where to use A,AN,The, but I am confused how to use it in my literature. Especially, “The” article.

I plan to write at least one paragraph daily and ask some on to help me in improving it. Could you please read this paragraph and highlight mistakes in this paragraph, and how can I improve them.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can some one help me in highlighting mistakes in this paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by reonnsmile View Post
    For past few months, my deficiencies in all domains of the English language have been revealed. Apparently, I have lost confidence. However, I am a kind of person that always have motivation to face challenges. I decided to practice English writing, reading and speaking, on daily bases. I am impatience to improve my English skills overnight though I realize its not possible. I have started my journey on learning path. In that regard, I am writing this paragraph, I am sure you can give me quite useful feedback to improve my English skills. In this paragraph I will describe my deficiencies in writing English.

I will start from very basic mistakes that I think I make. Punctuation, I make immense number of mistakes while punctuating my text. Usually, I punctuate my text with “,” (Comma). Since, I do not know where to put these punctuations, so to avoid mistakes I try not to employ any other punctuation utility. Until now, I have read huge amount of literature about using the Comma, I understand literature but I am unable to apply it to my writings. So, using Comma and other punctuating items is a significant problem for me.
    Another problem, that created worries for me is using articles. I studied literature how and where to use A,AN,The, but I am confused how to use it in my literature. Especially, “The” article.

I plan to write at least one paragraph daily and ask some on to help me in improving it. Could you please read this paragraph and highlight mistakes in this paragraph, and how can I improve them.

Just checking, is this the paragrah you would like us to check?

• Post Thanks / Like

I mean whole paragraph. I was finding it difficult to write some thing, so i thought i should write about problems i am facing.
    Its confusing, but please look into whole paragraph to find mistakes.

• Post Thanks / Like

Over the past few months, my weaknesses in all areas of my English language skills have been revealed. Consequently, I have lost confidence. However, I am the kind of person that always faces up to challenges. So I decided to practice writing, reading and speaking English on a daily basis. I am impatient and wish I could improve these overnight, but I realize it's not possible. At least, I have started my journey on the path of learning. In that regard, I am writing these paragraphs, and I am sure you can give me some quite useful feedback to improve my English skills.

In this paragraph I will describe one of my weaknesses when writting English, starting with basic mistakes that I think I make in punctuation.

(I make immense number of mistakes while punctuating my text- omit.This is repetition of the previous sentence).

Usually, I will include the use of commas; but since I do not know how to use other forms of punctuation, to avoid mistakes, I try not to employ any other punctuation marks. I have read a huge amount of literature about using the Comma, but still feel unable to apply it successfully to my writing. So, this remains a significant problem for me.
    Another problem that creates worries for me is the correct use of articles. Again, I have read up on the use of 'a', 'an' and 'the', but I am still confused especially the use of 'the'.

I plan to write at least one paragraph daily and ask some one to help me in improving it. Could you please read this paragraph and highlight mistakes and suggest how I can correct them?
    Last edited by David L.; 10-Apr-2008 at 14:32.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DAvid