Post Thanks / Like

Please check my for and against essay

Hello, our teacher gave us an assignment to write a "for and against essay", for one of topics she gave us. Id be very happy if you could put some of your insight and opinion on this essay, as for my teacherīs opinion is not trust-worthy. (what a sentence ), thanks!
    ----------

Death Penalty

The issue of taking ones life as the form of ultimate punishment has been discussed since early days of humanity and has divided people into two groups - those, who are for death penalty and those, who are against it.

Main argument of people who are for capital punishment is that the victim will be avenged. Most of them has suffered from the loss of relative and they also demand it because of their own satisfaction. Another advantage is that some criminals, due to imperfect judicial system, are released out of prison and they can continue their former rampage, while having them being sentenced to death, this problem could be easily solved.

On the other hand, we have no right to take ones life. It is the responsibility of society to bring up socially aware people without any criminal intensions. Moreover, an innocent person could be falsly convicted, thus we end up taking a life of a defenceless citizen. Many people also reffer to Bible and also many civil rights organisations come out against it.

To sum it all up, death penalty will remain a hot topic for the next few years, and it is up to each one of us, if we are going to accept it or not. In my opinion capital punishment should be legal, but executed only under strict conditions and used as the last resort.
    Last edited by kiki-monkey; 14-Apr-2008 at 17:47.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please check my for and against essay

The Death Penalty

The issue of taking a life as a form of ultimate punishment has been discussed since the early days of humanity and has divided people into two groups - those, who are for the death penalty and those who are against it.

The main argument of those who are for capital punishment is that the victim will be avenged. Most of them[?] have suffered the loss of a relative and they also demand it for their own satisfaction. Another advantage is that some criminals, due to an imperfect judicial system, are released early from prison and they can continue in their former lifestyle of crime, whilst having them sentenced to death would easily solve this problem.

On the other hand, we have no right to take another’s life. It is the responsibility of society to bring up socially aware people without any criminal intentions. Moreover, an innocent person could be falsely convicted, thus we end up taking the life of a defenceless citizen. Many people also refer to the Bible and many civil rights organisations also come out against it.

To sum up, the death penalty will remain a hot/contentious topic for the next few years, and it is up to each one of us, if we are going to accept it or not. In my opinion capital punishment should be legal, but executed/implemented only under strict conditions and used as a last resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please check my for and against essay

Oh thank you very much!...yeah, articles are my worst enemy...