Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: a second ticker

• Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois
    You've not been rude.

FRC
    Noone said rude. :wink:

Meanings change with context. Sie the original post and the last one with the sunset.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: a second ticker

Quote Originally Posted by beeja
    Hi,

"I finished an unattended. Natural causes. Guy was a hundred and six, and his second ticker conked on him in his sleep. Good way to go if you gotta"

What is a second ticker? A clock??? Does it mean A clock hit a man to death when he was sleeping??

Tks,
    The human heart is often referred to as a ticker, one's ticker, one's life clock; when it stops beating, one's life is over, one's time is up.

The first ticker is one's heart, the second ticker is another name for a pacemaker, which is an artificial device that stimulates the heart muscles.

',...and his second ticker conked (out) on him' means, his pacemaker stoppped working. :(

'hanging low, and long' is ambiguous--given the lack of context. It could mean, though, that the officer is hiding out or taking a break from duty:

A: Hanging low? (i.e., taking a break from duty; keeping out of sight)
    B: Hanging low, and long. (i.e., Yes, and for a while)

With regards to:

Male Greeting
    A: How's it hanging?
    B: Fine, OK, Pretty good, etc.

"It" refers to the male genitals, specifically the penis; "hanging" refers to its state/position of rest. Its position could be one of comfort or discomfort and hence 'How's it hanging?" means, "How are you (doing)?"

I dare say, given the question, "Hanging low?", that the officer's reply is in reference to the position (i.e., low) and size (long) of his penis.

All the best, :D

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: a second ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    I dare say, given the question, "Hanging low?", that the officer's reply is in reference to the position (i.e., low) and size (long) of his penis.
    All the best, :D
    Wow, it's pretty weird when guys greet each other but by the way the other of this book is a woman, ha ha ha.

Thanks so much for your clarification. Again, it saves me!!! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2