• Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gratitude to our teachers

Dear Friends,

Great!! This is what I’ve to say about this website. Thanks to the website builder. Well I am an Indian girl; hardly try to speak English, as you know English is not our primary language. I've been trying hard to find a suitable website for the purpose of learning English and I have finally found out this was one that can teach us perfect English. Now I am more confident in phrasing the sentences & the percipience professionals here are gracious in editing our sentences framed (proofread) and they never deject our hopes. This helps us to improve our vocabulary.

As we all know that there is no end for man’s desire, similarly, we expect quick reply from your end for the very brief paragraphs (i.e. up to 20 sentences), which is the need of the hour, otherwise our efforts will go waste. As we all heard about the proverb affirms as, “Today’s newspaper is tomorrow’s waste paper”. I hope it is too much to ask?? I am sorry.

Let us profusely thank you all (list given below) for their contribution & gist to help in the upward progress of our English. The job that they are doing here is priceless. Thanks a lot for these advices. I am putting on practice. It´s really effective & insightful.

(Alphabetical order)

1)Amigos4
    2)Anglika
    3)Banderas
    4)Batfink
    5)Beascarpetta
    6)Blacknomi
    7)BobK
    8)Casiopea
    9)Clare James
    10)Curmudgeon
    11)David L
    12)Harry Smith
    13)Horsa
    14)Mad-ox
    15)MikeNew York
    16)MrPedantic
    17)Naomimalan
    18)NearThere
    19)Ouisch
    20)Red5
    21)Rewboss
    22)RonBee
    23)Riverkid
    24)Shalstudent
    25)Snowcake
    26)Soup
    27)Stilo
    28)Susiedqq
    29)Sudhkamp
    30)Svaneska
    31)Tdol
    32)Teia

32, 33, 34, & many more……………who provides their valuable input in improving our knowledge.

This is one of the best websites I've ever visited - clear and well done. Here you can find whatever you look for concerning the English language; you can be a 7 year old student or a 60 year old teacher. I can honestly say that I get more out of twenty minutes browsing than in two years of tutelage with my teachers.

I request all of you to share your gratitude about this website & to the learned people, who helps us in acquiring abundance knowledge in English. This website is so useful that I recommend my friends to join.

…Thanks again & keep up the good work!
    Rasna
    Last edited by rmsh16; 07-Nov-2008 at 08:48.

rks is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gratitude to our teachers

Thank you rasna.

Thanks a million for providing this site for the people who learn or teach English. The handouts and activities are really very well done and there is such a wealth of information! Absolutely brill !! I too agree with Rasna that the short notes are the need of the hour and looks for your support (I too apologize.)

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! This site is very interesting and exquisite. I am really very happy and thank you about the tremendous role you are playing. The forum submits information for every learner in every part of the world. It is absolutely the best that I have ever known and I think I will never find such a site all over the web.

yoga is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done! An excellent information source which will help many people with this most feared subject. Testing tools are awesome. It makes you revise what you learned previously. Thank you!!!

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all!

I am glad I could be helpful. Teaching English online is my avocation.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmsh16 View Post
    As we all know that there is no end for man’s desire, similarly, we expect quick reply from your end for the very brief paragraphs (i.e. up to 20 sentences), which is the need of the hour, otherwise our efforts will go waste. As we all heard about the proverb affirms as, “Today’s newspaper is tomorrow’s waste paper”. I hope it is too much to ask??
    Firstly, I am not sure that 20 sentences is exactly a 'brief paragraph', but I do get your point. One thing to remember, though, is that the people here who help you come in out of interest and are giving up their free time to answer your questions, which means that they come in as and when suits them, making guarantees of fixed turn-around time very difficult, especially with people scattered all over the world in different time zones.

Another point to consider is that if we offered this, then it is very likely that there would be a huge uptake with people joining just to have access to this, which would risk turning the forum into little more than a free proofreading service to the detriment of the discussions and questions we have now. It might bring in 'leeches' (people who use the service provided but make no contribution in return).

However, there may be a way to try to speed things up- we could set up a special folder for regular users where they could post things they wanted looked at quickly. That way, some people could look in on their way into the forum in general. How does that sound?

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it is too much to ask??
    I think you mean:
    I hope it isn't too much too ask.
    Am I wrong?

I am sorry.
    I don't understand.
    However, I am glad I made your list.
    ~R

supada is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just want to join this thread.

I'm so grateful with all of you teachers' effort providing good explanations to non-native speakers here. : )