• Post Thanks / Like

Is it a right informal letter???

Your British penfreind wants to know how you celebrate an important festival in your country.Write a letter in 120-180 words describing a festival you know.

Dear Nic,

Thanks for your letter! It was really nice to hear from you. I've been up to my eyes in study recently, and it's taken me a while to reply.

I've managed to find out some information about an important festival in my country for you.
    As you know,tradition is very important and above all sporting events, such as "The little Olympics".
    You need a pair of trainers, a colorful T-shirt and a lot of fun to be able to enter in it. Any person can spend special time together, forgetting quarrels and misunderstandings that are in our life at any time.

I can maiby repeat myself, but the way we celebrate the festival is like that, in a funny and enjoyable time, in which everyone can jump, do football, volleyball, baseball without any types of discrimination.

And what about you?
    Have you got any interesting news to share with me?
    At the end have you put a sock in your friend in order to promote your frienship?
    Anyway,write me back soon and let me know.

All the best,

Can you correct it????Thanks.....

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it a right informal letter???

Quote Originally Posted by gx90t View Post
    Your British penfriend wants to know how you celebrate an important festival in your country.Write a letter in 120-180 words describing a festival you know.

Dear Nic,

Thanks for your letter! It was really nice to hear from you. I've been up to my eyes in study recently, and it's taken me a while to reply.

I've managed to find out some information about an important festival in my country for you.
    As you know, tradition is very important and above all sporting events, such as "The little Olympics". Your secondary clause has no verb. Look at this sentence again. What is the relationship between tradition and sporting events.
    You need a pair of trainers, a colorful T-shirt and a lot of fun to be able to enter in it[omit]. Any person Everyone can spend a special time together, forgetting quarrels and misunderstandings that are in our life at any time.

I can maybe repeat myself, but the way we celebrate the festival is like that, in a funny and enjoyable way when everyone can jump, play football, volleyball, or baseball without any types of discrimination.

And what about you?
    Have you got any interesting news to share with me?
    At the end have you put a sock in your friend in order to promote your frienship? "to put a sock in something" means to tell someone to be quiet, stop talking. Can you think about this sentence!
    Anyway,write me back soon and let me know.

All the best,

Can you correct it????Thanks.....

• Post Thanks / Like

Now that I've just read quikly my piece of writing I don't find any relationship between tradition and sporting event.
    I think that I change my sentence.
    What can say for introducing the festival in my letter?

Have you got any suggestion???

Thanks in advance!

• Post Thanks / Like

One suggestion:

"As you know, tradition is important and we have many old ones. There is a new one that I like called "the Little Olympics".