popsie is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Informal letter - pls. proofread

Dear Sam,

Many thanks for your letter - it was really nice to hear from you again.

It sounds like a great idea to spend some time abroad, indeed! As you know, last year I spent two months in a summer camp in America. It was a great time. I met a lof of new friends as well as I improved my English. Go ahead!
    Firstly, Iíd suggest studying in Prague. Itís not as cheap as staying outside of Prague though. On the other hand, it offers the most possibilities for studying and spending a leisure time. There are plenty of wonderful places in our country. If you like, we can travel around during weekends.

Actually, Czech is such a difficult language. Itís quite hard to learn it for foreigners. Donít worry, lots of people can speak English. It would be enough if you remember several useful Czech words or phrases. You also asked about the sports facilities. I bet youíll find what you want. Moreover, a new sport centre has been recently opened near to my flat.

Lastly, courses start every month. Isít possible for you to put off your arrival? Is April suit for you? I wish to help you, but I will be an exchange student in Germany in March.

Once more, thanks a lot for your letter. I look forward to seeing you.

All the best,

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Informal letter - pls. proofread

Dear Sam,

Many thanks for your letter - it was really nice to hear from you again.

It sounds like a great idea to spend some time abroad. Indeed, as you know, last year I spent two months in a summer camp in America. It was/I had a great time. I met a lot of new friends as well as improving my English. - Go ahead!

Firstly, Iíd suggest studying in Prague. Itís not as cheap as staying outside of Prague though. On the other hand, it offers the most/more/better possibilities for studying and spending your leisure time. There are plenty of wonderful places in our country. If you like, we can travel around during the weekends.

Actually, Czech is such a difficult language. Itís quite hard to learn for foreigners. Donít worry; lots of people can speak English. It will be enough if you remember several useful Czech words or/and phrases. You also asked about the sports facilities. I bet youíll find what you want here. Moreover, a new sports centre has recently opened near to my flat.

Lastly, courses start every month. Is it possible for you to put off your arrival? Is April suitable for you? I wish to help you, but I will be an exchange student in /on an exchange visit to Germany in March /during the month of March.

Once more, thanks a lot for your letter. I look forward to seeing you.

All the best,
    Jan

popsie is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Informal letter - pls. proofread

Thanks a lot for helping me, Svaneska.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Informal letter - pls. proofread

You're welcome