• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anybody help me rewrite this letter?

Can anybody help me to rewrite the following letter? Thank you for your urgent assistance!!!

Background

As director of Purchasing for City College, you maintain a list of approved vendors who must comply with all local and state laws. You buy only from approved vendors. You are now responding to a request from Amelia Kemp that her printing company be reinstated on the list. The company was suspended a month ago for paying less than the minimum wage, but she didnít own the business then. A subordinate has prepared this draft for your signature.

The original letter

This is in response to your letter of last week appealing your suspension as a printing vendor for City College because of non-compliance with the prevailing wage requirement.

I have had both our administrative and legal staff review the circumstances surrounding the suspension, and they have recommended that it be reduced to 30 days. Their recommendation is based strongly on the fact that you were not the owner of the business when the violation occurred which resulted in your suspension. In addition, your letter of last week promised that you will be in compliance for all future jobs printed for City College.

Since the letter informing you of the suspension was dated 33 days ago, this means that you are immediately reinstated as an approved vendor. My office, however, reserves the right to review future jobs performed by your company to ensure that you comply with the wage requirements and other requirements.

If you have any questions or concerns about this action, please feel free to contact me.

My own answer: (Need to be improved!!!)
    Thank you for your letter dated April 6, 2008.

Starting April 13, 2008, your company will be included in our approved printer vendor list again.

In order to be reinstated in our list, our administrative and legal staff has reviewed the circumstances surrounding the suspension, and recommended that it should be reduced to 30 days. The recommendation is based with the following:
    - You were not the owner of the printing company when non-compliance of minimum wage requirement occurred
    - Your promise to be in compliance for all future jobs done for our college as stated in your recent letter

Since the letter of suspension is issued to you 33 days ago, your company will be on our approved vendor list with immediate effect.

In compliance with the wage requirements, it shows your company is caring about people whom they hire; concerning about human rights and building good reputation for your company.

We look forward to be your business partner.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can anybody help me rewrite this letter?

Say:
    You promised in your letter of last week that you will be in compliance in the case of any future printing jobs for City College.