qwertzleo is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation kindly check my statement of purpose..

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']S[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']tatement of [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']P[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']urpose[/FONT]
    All of my previous studies have been undertaken in Pakistan. I attended an Urdu medium school up to class 10. I achieved a high standard during this time, and was the topmost students in my class. However, when I progressed to Class 11 at my new High School, my performance faltered. The problem was that all teaching at the new school was conducted in English, and the standards were much higher than at my previous school. Here I faced a lot more competition and had to work hard to learn English, but within a few months I had overcome this problem and began to improve.
    When I finished High school I gained entry on a 4-yr BS.c course, majoring in Zoology. I chose Zoology because it was my favorite subject. My performance was good in Zoology. (My minor subjects were Botany and Chemistry). During my BS.c I had the opportunity to study Genetics, Cytology, Physiology and Microbiology. My course work also included Zoogeography, Biotechnology, Entomology, Systematics, Paleaontology, Wildlife, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics. I liked these subjects very much and want to continue my education with a study that will help me gain a deeper understanding of communication within the brain. The working of the brain (like most of nature) is all about synchrony. As my interest in the brain and its biology gained fresh impetus during my undergraduate studies, thus I chose to have my career in Neurobiology.
    The highlight of my undergraduate years was the Honors Program, which taught me to apply the knowledge I had gained, to achieve a particular aim. The sharing of ideas and new findings has always been a vital part of my undergraduate life. Presentations were a perfect opportunity for me to explore beyond the syllabus and were instrumental in giving me a competitive edge over my peers. I relish a chance to indulge my creative side and gaining a deeper understanding of my work in the process make presentations a good bargain! I enjoy diving into a flood of data, picking out relevant information and delivering it all to an appreciative audience! The dynamic nature of scientific research was revealed to me as I worked on my presentations.
    My life experiences have molded me in to a hardworking and what I would call an "unflappable" person. My future goals include establishing a career in research and educating people about science. Scientific research has its origins in a very fundamental human character -- curiosity. It is very important though, to ask the right question. Research in Neuroscience has raised many questions and I would like to be one of the people working towards the answers.
    Hope this helps and good luck

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: kindly check my statement of purpose..

Quote Originally Posted by qwertzleo View Post

All of my previous studies have been undertaken in Pakistan. I attended an Urdu medium school up to class 10. I achieved a high standard during this time, and was the topmost students in my class.
    All of my previous studies have taken place in Pakistan. I attended an Urdu medium school up to class 10. I achieved a high standard during this time, and was one of the top students in my class.
    However, when I progressed to Class 11 at my new High School, my performance faltered. The problem was that all teaching at the new school was conducted in English, and the standards were much higher than at my previous school. Here I faced a lot more competition and had to work hard to learn English, but within a few months I had overcome this problem and began to improve.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When I finished High school I gained entry on a 4-yr BS.c course, majoring in Zoology. I chose Zoology because it was my favorite subject. My performance was good in Zoology. (My minor subjects were Botany and Chemistry).
    When I finished high school I gained entry to a 4-yr BS.c course, majoring in zoology. I chose zoology because it was my favorite subject. My performance was good in zoology. (My minor subjects were botany and chemistry).
    You overdo it with capitalization.

~R

qwertzleo is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: kindly check my statement of purpose..

oh thanks a lot ROBI:
    it such a nice act u do 4 me

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My life experiences have molded me in to a hardworking and what I would call an "unflappable" person. My future goals include establishing a career in research and educating people about science. Scientific research has its origins in a very fundamental human character -- curiosity. It is very important though, to ask the right question. Research in Neuroscience has raised many questions and I would like to be one of the people working towards the answers.
    My life experiences have molded me to be a hardworking and what I would call an "unflappable" person. My goals include establishing a career in research and educating people about science. Scientific research has its origins in a very fundamental human character -- curiosity. It is very important though, to ask the right questions. Research in neuroscience has raised many questions, and I would like to be one of the people working towards finding the answers.
    ~R