Post Thanks / Like

Default Please revise and correct <My Holiday to Harjaysa>

My Holiday to Harjaysa

My holidays were interesting. Last week I visited Harjaysa, second Capital City of Somalia, Harjaysa is big town far from Mogadishu 1000 KM, North West of Somalia. I visited my close friend whom I loved very much. She has respected me well and welcomed me cordially. We talked heart to heart and we had an interesting meeting in her home and some public gardens as well.

It was my first time I visited Harjaysa. I did not understand how the Northern Somali people welcome their strangers. Their culture, environment, some special dialogue and how they accent the words in Somali language are amazingly different from my own. It was difficult to understand many sentences of their special dialogue. A friend tought me a few special word and lent me a small puzzle book, I read but I did not understand one word because of their difficulties.

Before my friend taught me these few words and culture of their region, I have been feeling difficulties about the culture and other environmental aspects, but after this time I have adopted fully.

However, my holidays spoiled the writing of letters to my friends. On the last day I bought twenty letters and spent my whole time in my room but I could not write single letter to my friends, because the live of Harjaysa is wonderful.

As my holiday Passed quickly, I prepared my self for a journey back my home town, Mogadishu. How really interesting was staying in Harjaysa. I have been visiting different places in Harjaysa and I saw wonder full thinks. It was glad and exiting trip. Harjaysa is an interesting town.

beascarpetta is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Great Britain
      • Current Location:
      • Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please revise and correct <My Holiday to Harjaysa>

My Holiday in Harjaysa

My holidays were really very interesting.
    Last week I went to Harjaysa, the second capital of Somalia, for my holidays.
    Harjaysa is big town situated about 1000 km from Mogadishu , in northwestern Somalia.
    I visited a close friend of mine whom I love very much. She welcomed me cordially and made my stay a very pleasant one. We had lovely heart- to- heart talks and we met both in her home and at some public gardens,which was quite an interesting experience.

I visited Harjaysa for the first time .When I arrived I had great difficulty in understanding the words Northern Somali people use to welcome strangers.
    Their culture, environment, as well as their special dialect, for example the way they pronounce the words in Somali language are amazingly different from my own.
    It was quite difficult to understand their dialect. A friend taught me a few words and lent me a small puzzle book I tried to read but couldn't understand,not even one word of it due to the regional differences in our language.

Before my friend taught me these few words and explained about the cultural heritage of their region, I had had great difficulty understanding various aspects of their culture and environment , but after this visit I think I do.

However, my holidays kept me from writing letters to my friends. On the last day of my stay I bought paper for twenty letters and spent the whole time in my room but I could not write one single letter to my friends, because life in Harjaysa was so wonderful.

As my holiday passed all too quickly, I soon prepared myself for my journey back to my home town, Mogadishu. My stay in Harjaysa.was really interesting. I visited different places and I saw some wonderful things there. It was a pleasant and exciting trip because Harjaysa is an interesting town.

I hope this helps