Dany is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If you have a little bit time, please improve my text

Hello everybody,

to improve my english, I start with translation some texts. The problem is, that I don't know my mistakes, and so I would make the mistakes again and again. It would be very nice of you, if you can improve my first text.

Thanks in advance

__________________________________________________ _____

In Somalia are the devils white. We are calling them djinn and they lurk everywhere. They crawl in humans and animals, create illness, play nasty tricks with them and make them crazy. If you something lay up anywhere and it is missed suddenly, then you know the djinn is behind them. My mother shouted to them:ĒHe! Devil! Go away from my things. Their arnít belong you, you are undesirable!Ē Then she had shown me that you have to turn away and rather doing anything else; if the djinn is away, you will find the lost thing again soon. My mother knows everything about the djinns and how you get rid them. She knows many charms and formulars, with which leafs or barks you could get rid them if you were ill. She collects plants, cooks roots or give them raw to us for eat. Especially leafs and mushrooms she keeps in liverbags. She could read in smoke and in the stars and always knows the right time. Course of her magic focus she would respected and the peoples brought ill animals to her Ė I remember me well at this time, when I was a child.

I was burn in the desert of Somalia and I donít know who many childs my mother gave birth. Thatís why many babies died right after birth. As the most Somalis we owns camels and goats and live from their milk. In accordance of tradition my brothers guards the camels more likely and we girls look after the shorter animals.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

It's late, but I'll start:

In Somalia there are white devils . We call them djinn and they lurk everywhere. They crawl in humans and animals, cause illnesses, play nasty tricks with them and drive them crazy.

Dany is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdol

In Somalia there are white devils . We call them djinn and they lurk everywhere. They crawl in humans and animals, cause illnesses, play nasty tricks with them and drive them crazy.

Thanks for your improves :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol

Thanks for your improves :D
    since you are writing about white devils i know in the past the chinese thinks that the devils, evil foxes in human forms or somekind of demons cause sickness, play nasty tricks and drive ppl crazy.

i realize some culture or places think that way also