• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hammer ect.

Context:
    (1) Hammer = A metal ball weighing 16 pounds?
    (2) 300k = 300,000?
    (3) Cover?
    (4) Div?

Latest News
    Mackay Completes Hammers Move
    [Discuss It]
    10/09/04

Malky Mackay completed his move to Championship side West Ham earlier today, after he rejected the opportunity to join Coventry City earlier in the week.

The deal is estimated to be worth 300k, and while many will be unhappy at losing someone who is something of a cult hero, I believe it's a good piece of business. Mackay would have been able to walk away for nothing at the end of the current season, and with him falling down the pecking order with the summer arrivals, was it really worth keeping him? There's plenty of cover in that position as well, Simon Charlton, Craig Fleming, Gary Doherty, Jason Shackell, Thomas Helveg can play there as well.

Malky was an excellent Div 1/Championship performer, but I feel his lack of pace and slightly dodgy distribution would have caused us far too many problems at the higer level. As I've already mentioned, many City fans are unhappy about the deal but it's important to remember that there is no place for sentiment in football, this won't have been an easy decision for Worthy but he will have the best interests of the club at heart.

Mackay told the West Ham website: "West Ham is a massive club and when I was told the club was accepting offers for me you look onwards and upwards - and I jumped at the chance to come here."
    [Read Older News]

http://www.mightynorwich.co.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hammer ect.

(1) Hammer = A metal ball weighing 16 pounds?
    => In football?
    (2) 300k = 300,000?
    k = 1,000
    (3) Cover?
    I'm not quite sure. What about, media?
    (4) Div?
    division

All the best, :D