Thread: New Factory

pilltam is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

New Factory

A company announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community.Discuss the advantage and disadvantage of this new influence on your community.Do you support of oppose the factory.Explain your position.

A foreign company plans to erect a food processing factory near my community.Many local people support this project but the others do not.This controversial problem has been debated for many times but it hasnít been over so far.In my opinion,the factory will bring many advantages for local people.Many exiled young people can now come back their homeland to make a living.In addition,income of the local people will increase and their life will be improved sharply.Many current roads in mud will be replaced by concrete-paved roads to meet the demand of material transportation of the factory.Traffic will become more convenient.
    However,its negative influences on my community must be considered carefully before making a final decision.Because the decision of local officals will affect the life of thousands of residents here.The noise from the factory will disturb peaceful life here.The school and medical station near there will bear the heaviest consequences.Moreover,no one can assure that the waste of the factory will be treated completely.The untreated waste eliminated from factory will make the river,canal near there become polluted.Many rice-fields will be taken back.So,acreage of rice-field will be restricted.Many farmers wonít have land to cultivate.Meanwhile,price of food increases daily,hourly because of food crisis globally.I am really afraid that until one day the salary of workers here will be insufficient to buy food.Their life will fall into difficult situation.In addition,the demand of labour of the factory is very high.So,they will recruit more labour from adjacent territories.This causes many social evils.The situation of pulic order will be disturbed.
    I like peaceful life anyway.So,I really want local officials to reject this project.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help me correct my essay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pilltam View Post
    A company announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community.Discuss the advantage and disadvantage of this new influence on your community.Do you support of oppose the factory.Explain your position.
    A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.
    Space after each period (full stop).

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help me correct my essay!!!

Suggestions:
    Many local people support this project but some do not.

Or:

Many local people support this project, but some people oppose it.
    Is this a class assignment?

~R

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Factory

Try:
    This controversial project has been debated many times.