• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Beijing Cuisine Falls Under the realm of Lu style of cooking?

Hello Everyone,

In my interpreting textbook, there is a Chinese sentence, roughly meaning: Lu Cuisine includes Beijing style of cooking. Lu cuisine, however, has the characteristics of Chuan cuisine and are influenced by Mongolian style. In the textbook, it is translated as Beijing cuisine falls under the realm of Lu Cuisine, but incude some Chun dishes and some mongolian influenced dishes.

However, in my opionion the version from my textbook fail to reflect the original meaning. It should be , I think, Beijing cuisine falls under the realm of lu Cuisine, combined with the features of Chuan Cuisine and influenced by Mongolian style.

I hope experts here can offer your opinion?

Regards

Sky

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beijing Cuisine Falls Under the realm of Lu style of cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by sky753 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

In my interpreting textbook, there is a Chinese sentence, roughly meaning: Lu Cuisine includes Beijing style of cooking. Lu cuisine, however, has the characteristics of Chuan cuisine and are influenced by Mongolian style. In the textbook, it is translated as Beijing cuisine falls under the realm of Lu Cuisine, but incude some Chun dishes and some mongolian influenced dishes.

However, in my opionion the version from my textbook fail to reflect the original meaning. It should be , I think, Beijing cuisine falls under the realm of lu Cuisine, combined with the features of Chuan Cuisine and influenced by Mongolian style.

I hope experts here can offer your opinion?

Regards

Sky
    How about:

Lu cuisine includes Beijing cuisine, and also includes elements of Chuan cuisine as well as Mongolian influences.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    How about:

Lu cuisine includes Beijing cuisine, and also includes elements of Chuan cuisine as well as Mongolian influences.
    Your version seems to be better. What do you think of my version? Is it odd or too formal ?

Thanks once more,expert!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    How about:

And I think at the moment it is better to correct my version as " Beijing cuisine falls in the realm of Lu Cuisine, combined with chuan cuisine as well as Mongolian style influences"

Also can we say chuan cuisine style or style of chuan cuisine? Which one is better here?
    Last edited by sky753; 01-May-2008 at 04:55. Reason: grammer

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sky753 View Post
    And I think at the moment it is better to correct my version as " Beijing cuisine falls under the realm of Lu Cuisine, combined with chuan cuisine style as well as Mongolian style influences"

Also can we say chuan cuisine style or style of chuan cuisine? Which one is better here?
    I find the phrase "under the realm of" awkward. It should be in the realm of, so your sentence could start "Beijing cuisine comes into the realm of Lu cuisine..."

I would not use "cuisine style". It is a meaningless phrase. "Cuisine" means a style or method of cooking, especially as characteristic of a particular country or region, so you only need to say "Chuan cuisine".