Unregistered Guest

Default first letter attempt , please help correction need

I have received a letter from your firm (,,,,,,) demanding me to clear a debt owed to Natwest bank.
    I am writing to you to explain my case where I believe i have been treated unfairly by The Natwest bank.
    i would like to bring to your attention that the above fine is not a loan nor an overdraft i owe to the bank , it is entirely an accumulating fine that have risen to 475.
    As a matter of fact , i had opened an advantage gold account with Natwest (can't remember the exact date) on the understanding that there is a 10 charge/month.
    During that period, I started to show a sign of illness where i found myself unable to sort out my matters properly. my illness was driving me to perform a certain way of (particular) unwanted behaviour, no wonder i was getting into deep mess. i had so many things to worry about more then my mails (for instance) .

Troubles started to arise when i later found out that my account was in arrears and i got to pay an accumulating fine resulted for not fulfilling the 10 per month payment .

Despite my illness, i phoned my branch to discuss the matter and i was a advised to call in person. Unfortunately, i was unable that times to pursue things further, -it was all depending on my deteriorating heath-, as soon as i found myself well enough , i called in to the branch explaining my case and how the arrears i got into was due to special circumstances relating to heath issues , the person i spoke to was very understanding and assured me to try to stop the fine. At that stage , i got the impression that the fine is waved ,i haven't heard from the bank and whether the bank had contacted me by mail im yet to know as i was stroke with another episode of illness.

I think it is worth mentioning that i happen to suffer from some sort of depression that gravely affect my behaviour, for which ,i am treated with regular consultation, together with some medication. Fortunately, I have been put under supervision where a nurse call in weekly to help me out sorting living hood matters as i become so forgetful and confused , where I struggle from simple task like paying a gas bill or cashing my giro.Also , it is worth mentioning that i haven't used the account ever since i opened it ,you may check activities of the account , it was only the 100 i paid
    it at start , full stop.

I need to apologize for going into a boring details which probably are not to your concern , all i m trying is to explain in brief is that "because of my
    health, the fine was accumulating , action to stopping the fine could have been taken long before so i wouldn't have got into these trouble" .
    please, please help me as i m already struggling to sort out other financial matter such as my student loans where a 1000 turned 3000and more because of mishandling my mail.

I do greatly appreciate if you look into my case as desecration , "this fine wasn't to exist if it wasn't for my health".

once again I need to thank you for giving the opportunity to explain my case .
    P.S I could supply you with medical certificate if necessary.

Soup is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: first letter attempt , please help correction need

To Whom It May Concern:

I have received a letter from your firm (,,,,,,) demanding that I clear a debt owed to Natwest bank.
    I am writing to you to explain my case as I believe I have been treated unfairly by Natwest bank.
    I would like to bring to your attention that the above fine is not a loan nor an overdraft I owe the bank; it is an accumulated fine that has risen to 475.
    As a matter of fact, I had opened an Advantage Gold account with Natwest (I can't remember the exact date) on the understanding that there is a 10 charge per month.
    During that period, I became ill and I found myself unable to sort out my matters properly. My troubles started to arise when I later found out that my account was in arrears and I had to pay an accumulated fine for not fulfilling the 10 per month payment.
    Despite my illness, I phoned my branch to discuss the matter, and I was a advised to call in person. Unfortunately, I was unable at that time to pursue things further because of my deteriorating heath. However, as soon as I found myself well enough, I called in to the branch explaining my case was due to special circumstances relating to heath issues. The person I spoke to was very understanding and assured me he would try to stop the fine.
    At that stage, I got the impression that the fine was waved, and I haven't heard from the bank since. Whether the bank had contacted me by mail I have yet to find out as I was stricken again with another episode of illness.
    I think it is worth mentioning that I happen to suffer from some sort of depression that gravely alters my behaviour for which I am treated with regular consultations, together with medication. Fortunately, I have been put under supervision where a nurse calls in weekly to help me out because I become so forgetful and confused; I struggle from simple tasks like paying a gas bill or cashing my giro.
    It is worth mentioning, also, that I haven't used the account since I opened it. You may check the account activities. There is only the 100 I paid into it at the start.

I need to apologize for going into the personal details which probably are not of your concern. All I am trying do to is to explain in brief that because of my health, the fine was accumulating, and action to stop the fine could have been taken long before now so that I wouldn't have had this trouble.

Please help me as I am already struggling to sort out other financial matter such as my student loans, where a 1000 turned into 3000 and more, because of mishandling my mail.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could look into my case as desecration, "this fine wasn't to exist if it wasn't for my health". Once again I need to thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain my case.

P.S. I could supply you with medical certificate if necessary.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: first letter attempt , please help correction need

As a matter of fact, I opened an Advantage Gold account with Natwest (I can't remember the exact date) with the understanding that there would be a 10 charge per month.

At that stage, I got the impression that the fine had been waived....

I think it is worth mentioning that I happen to suffer from some sort of depression that gravely alters my behaviour for which I am being treated with regular consultations....

I struggle with simple tasks like paying a gas bill or cashing my giro.

All I am trying do to is to explain in brief that because of my poor health, the fine has accumulated....

Please help me as I am already struggling to sort out other financial matters such as my student loans....

I would greatly appreciate it if you could look into my case at your discretion. This fine wouldn't exist if it wasn't for my poor health. Once again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain my case.

P.S. I could supply you with a medical certificate if necessary.