Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post


    Economics in Bahrain and Japan




    Are we going to have a balanced scale when we put Bahrain and Japan on it?
    Obviously, no. (I assume it is an imaginary scale.)


    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    Can Japan and Bahrain be successfully economically collaborated to each other?

    That sentence requires explanation.



    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    Once we hear the word "Japan", our mind will directly recognize that Japan is one of the largest economies in the world and is the leader in the technology and machinery area.

    I'm curious about where you got the expression our mind will directly recognize.



    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    "Japan is the world's second-largest economy" by real GDP (gross domestic product), by nominal GDP and by market exchange rates.

    You might want to elaborate on that.



    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    Bahrain is a small kingdom not well known to other nations.


    Bahrain is a small kingdom not well known around the world.


    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    In fact, there are two differences and two similarities between Bahrain and Japan.
    There are two key differences and two key similarities between Bahrain and Japan.


    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    When we come to considering differences, what is the most notable is the resource of their economy. Even though Japan is powerful in industry, it imports the raw materials from other countries, while on the other side Bahrain exports its resources.
    When we come to considering differences, what is most notable is their economies. Even though Japan is powerful in industry, it imports its raw materials from other countries. On the other hand, Bahrain exports raw materials.


    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    For example, its oil, which is the most valuable resource and the power of its economy.
    For example, Bahrain exports its oil, its most valuable resource and the engine of its economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    Moreover, the workforce of Japan in their economy is largely native, because the locals have the priority in their economy

    Please explain how you came up with that.


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    Thank you RonBee Again :)

    Obviously, no. (I assume it is an imaginary scale.) yes Sure it is


    I'm curious about where you got the expression our mind will directly recognize. maybe because my language is arabic and we use this expressions commonly


    Please explain how you came up with that. it's widely known , a foreigner who works in japan told me , also I read it from an arabic knowledge magazine.


    ..........

  3. #23
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    Free advice.


    If you can do so, do not say something in a roundabout way when you say it more directly.

    The phrase "the locals have priority" suggests that there is discrimination against non-Japanese. But isn't it true that almost everybody who lives in Japan is Japanese? In that case it is no surprise that almost the entire workforce is Japanese.

    Remember that the reader will want to know where you got your information.

    When in doubt leave it out.

    Less is more.

    Trim the fat. Keep the lean.


  4. #24
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    When I hear the word Japan what immediately comes to mind is:
    a thoroughly modern society
    the world's longest lived people

  5. #25
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    Iwhereas the workforce in Bahrain is largely people who come from the poor countries such as India, who will accept lower wages than the local workers.
    The workforce in Bahrain is largely made up of people who came from poor countries (such as India) and are willing to work for lower wages than the local workers will accept.

  6. #26
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    What is a full mark?


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    RonBee, thank you

    of course I should first think about the reader too .i shouldn't confuse them or tell them something "may be an opinion" as a certain fact

    but because I do believe that the percentage of the japanese workforce in japan is higher than bahraini workforce in my country.. and I said :

    the workforce of Japan in their economy is largely native, because the locals have the priority in their economy.

    isn't fair enough!! if they don't have the priority !! why don't they employ foreigners such as indians!! moreover they accept lower wage!
    when I said priority I didn't mean :) discrimination , in fact I mean it in a positive way ,that they have the priority !! I can't see any wrong :)

    so next time I try to talk in general based on certain informations

    thank you a lot for Your advice

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    What is a full mark?

    yes, my teacher gave me 20/20 on this essay

  9. #29
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    Quote Originally Posted by amona86 View Post
    yes, my teacher gave me 20/20 on this essay
    Congrats!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: "Economics in Bahrain and Japan" [contrast and comparison]

    thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •