popsie is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Informal letter - pls. check

Question
    You have received the following email from your English penfriend.

>It's a really brave step to take a year out of >college to come and spend 6 months in the >UK! What are you planning to do with your >time? Find a job? Learn some new skills? >Write back and give me more details of your >plans so I can do my best to help you have a >good time...

Write your letter of reply to your penfriend (around 120-180 words).

Dear John,

Many thanks for your letter – it was really nice to hear from you again.

My mum is worried a little bit about my decision to stay so long time in your country. I’ve ever never been abroad before on my own. I’m coming in one month exactly and I’m really happy, indeed!

Firstly, I’d like to improve my English in an intensive language course for about first three months. I’m intending to find a cheap accomodation near to my school. I know it’s a lot to ask but could you recommend the language school?

Actually, I need earn some money for my travelling one month at the end of my stay. I’m good at computers. May I ask for one more favour, could you look in the local paper to see which companies want part-time staff?

Lastly, as you know I’m keen on climbing, so could you help me to choose right places for outdoor and indoor climbing. I’d be really grateful.

That’s all for now. Thanks for your help in advance. I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

Daniella
    Last edited by popsie; 05-May-2008 at 23:22.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Informal letter - pls. check

Quote Originally Posted by popsie View Post
    Question
    You have received the following email from your English penfriend.

>It's a really brave step to take a year out of >college to come and spend 6 months in the >UK! What are you planning to do with your >time? Find a job? Learn some new skills? >Write back and give me more details of your >plans so I can do my best to help you have a >good time...

Write your letter of reply to your penfriend (around 120-180 words).

Dear John,

Many thanks for your letter – it was really nice to hear from you again.

My mum is worried a little bit about my decision to stay so long in/for such a long time in your country. I’ve ever never been abroad before on my own. I’m coming in one month exactly and I’m really happy, indeed!excited

Firstly, I’d like to improve my English by taking an intensive language course during the first three months. I’m intending to find cheap accommodation near to my school. I know it’s a lot to ask but could you recommend a language school?

Actually, I need to earn some money for my month of travelling at the end of my stay. I’m good at computers. May I ask for one more favour - could you look in the local paper to see which companies want part-time staff?

Lastly, as you know I’m keen on climbing, so could you help me to choose good places for outdoor and indoor climbing. I’d be really grateful.

That’s all for now. Thanks for your help in advance. I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

Daniella

popsie is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Informal letter - pls. check

Thanks so much for your time and help, Anglika.