popsie is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Formal letter - pls. corect my mistakes

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing in connection with your advertisement which I saw in latest Traveling magazine. I would like to try climbing during summertime and I prefer to go by bus.

Firstly, I would be grateful to know how many days courses usually take. I am keen on swimming. Is it possible to do more than one activity on my course? I mean I would like to do climbing on the mountains and swimming in the sea as well.

Secondly, I would rather stay in apartments. Could you please send me more information how well are apartments equipped . Is it necessary to pay some extra money for using a microwave oven or for something else?

Lastly, I would like to improve my English. The best idea for me are intensive individual lessons which are focusing on speaking and writing.

Thank you very for your reply in advance. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Daniela Gabriels

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Formal letter - pls. corect my mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by popsie View Post
    Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing in connection with your advertisement [You need to state what the advertisement was for: "...your advertisement for adventure courses"/"...your advertisement for an assistant"...] which I saw in the latest "Traveling" magazine. I would like to try climbing during summertime and I prefer to travel by bus.

Firstly, I would be grateful to know how many days courses usually take. I am keen on swimming. Is it possible to do more than one activity on my course? I mean I would like to do climbing on the mountains and swimming in the sea as well.

Secondly, I would rather stay in apartments. Could you please send me more information how well the apartments are equipped . Is it necessary to pay some extra money for using a microwave oven or for anything else?

Lastly, I would like to improve my English. The best idea for me would be intensive individual lessons which focus on speaking and writing.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Daniela Gabriels

popsie is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Formal letter - pls. corect my mistakes

Anglika, thanks so much!