Post Thanks / Like

Cultural Hybridization (an abstract)

Hola friends ! Please check my advance. Please

Characteristics/ Originality of Research

Studies of cultural or ethnic identity formation have focussed on rituals, folk-stories, music and language. Research on comparatives studies of social groups that, immersed in global societies and being affected by processes of cultural hybridization, experience alterations in their ethnic identity, transforming their local spaces, and the meanings attached to the use of those cultural identities in different spheres has been scarce.
    Hence, this research goes further than showing remains of cultural and traditional practices from Peru when living in a foreign country (Japan and the United States). The research is a vivid demonstration of people’s identification and re-creation of Peruvianess, Japaneseness, and Americaniseness in different contextualisation. The three individuals (subjects of the research) create vivid differentiations between local/global, and the tradition/modernity through their participation in the celebration of the Lord of Miracles.

Expected Results of Research

Two types of result are expected:
    General results: The research undertaken is expected to make a contribution towards the understanding of different cultural dimensions of social groups and their leads within the perspectives of a global society. Indeed, the joint phenomena of globalisation and the process of hybridization effect on individuals significance and interpretation of the global world.
    Specific Results: The results are based upon the assumption that comparative empirical research on individuals’ migration experience and individual’s socio-dynamic in different contexts help us to gain new insights into the complex process of the construction of cultural identities.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need your help please!

Quote Originally Posted by yrmacita View Post
    Hola friends ! Please check my advance [?abstract]. Please

Characteristics/ Originality of Research

Studies of cultural or ethnic identity formation have focussed on rituals, folk-stories, music and language. There is little comparative research into social groups that are being affected by processes of cultural hybridization and experiencing alterationsto their ethnic identity, transforming their local spaces and the meanings attached to the use of those cultural identities in different spheres.
    Hence this research goes further than showing the remains of Peruvian cultural and traditional practices amongst Peruvians when living in a foreign country (Japan and the United States). The research reveals a vivid demonstration of peopleís identification and re-creation of Peruvianess, Japaneseness, and Americaniseness [being Peruvian, Japanese or American] in different contextualisations. The three individuals (subjects of the research) reveal clear differentiations between local/global and tradition/modernity through their participation in the celebration of the Lord of Miracles.

Expected Results of Research

Two types of result are expected:
    General results: The research undertaken is expected to make a contribution towards the understanding of different cultural dimensions of social groups and their leads [I am not sure what you mean by "leads" here] within the perspectives of a global society. Indeed, the joint phenomena of globalisation and the process of hybridization effects on individuals is of significance to the global world.
    Specific Results: The results are based upon the assumption that comparative empirical research into individualsí migration experiences and their socio-dynamic in different contexts help us to gain new insights into the complex process of the construction of cultural identities.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need your help please!

Studies of cultural or ethnic identity formation have focussed on rituals, folk-stories, music and language.
    That is good!

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cultural Hybridization (an abstract)

Research on comparatives studies of social groups that, immersed in global societies and being affected by processes of cultural hybridization, experience alterations in their ethnic identity, transforming their local spaces, and the meanings attached to the use of those cultural identities in different spheres has been scarce.
    There has been little comparative research into social groups that are being affected by processes of cultural hybridization and experiencing alterations to their ethnic identity, transforming their local spaces and the meanings attached to the use of those cultural identities in different spheres.
    (Anglika deserves most of the credit for that one.)

~R

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cultural Hybridization (an abstract)

Thank you very much.
    Because of your corrections I could improve my proposal.
    I really appreciated all of your help.

Thank you again.