Post Thanks / Like

A sticky business

Pls help to correct the following short essay, thanks

A church clock has been servicing people for several decades in a quiet small village. People always get up by hearing the bell at 7 o'clock in the morning. But, one day, the big clock suddenly stopped, nobody could explain why.
    A vicar climbed into the clock tower and checked all gears and bearings. At last, he found that the clock had been invaded by bees, one of the gears had been full of honey and wax.
    A bee keeper was called to remove the honeycomb to get rid of the problem. The bee keeper first removed the bee queen out with the whole honeycomb, the other bees followed.
    Finally, the gears were totally cleaned and lubricated, the big clock could be working again for the whole village.
    Last edited by wuwei; 12-May-2008 at 06:40.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A sticky business

A church clock had been serving people for several decades in a small quiet village. People always woke on hearing the bell at 7 o'clock in the morning. But, one day, the big clock suddenly stopped. Nobody could explain why.
    A vicar climbed into the clock tower and checked all the gears and bearings. At last, he found that the clock had been invaded by bees, and one of the gears was full of honey and wax.
    A bee keeper was called to remove the honeycomb to deal with the problem.
    The bee keeper first removed the bee queen (out-omit) with the whole honeycomb, and the other bees followed.
    Finally, the gears were thoroughly cleaned and lubricated, so that the big clock could work again for the whole village.

Note: 'could be working' is conditional - The clock could be working again, if only somebody would do something about those damn bees!
    Last edited by David L.; 12-May-2008 at 12:47.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    But there is another question, in fact, I have learnt these words that you used, but I always can not remember it when I need it, in another word, I always do not know how to use it fluently.
    Could you pls tell me how to deal with this problem? Continous writting or some other ways?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wuwei View Post
    Thanks!
    But there is another question, in fact, I have learnt these words that you used, but I always can not remember it when I need it, in another word, I always do not know how to use it fluently.
    Could you pls tell me how to deal with this problem? Continous writting or some other ways?
    Continuous practice

Post Thanks / Like

:)