or couple months ago

which one is correct

1. Natalie27

Re: a couple or couple

Quote Originally Posted by gonghai
    a couple of months ago

or couple months ago

which one is correct
    it should be a "couple of months ago" but in fast speech we tend to miss a few things here and there...not considered grammatical... :wink:

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: a couple or couple

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie27
    Quote Originally Posted by gonghai
    a couple of months ago

or couple months ago

which one is correct
    it should be a "couple of months ago" but in fast speech we tend to miss a few things here and there...not considered grammatical... :wink:
    thanks natalie27
    that was what i was thinking too.. :D

• Post Thanks / Like
    hope gonghai won't be mad because I'm adding another question here under his/her topic. I'm new to this forum. Pls forgive me and let me know if I should start another topic for the following question about "couple".
    Teachers,
    when people say "couple of months",do they mean 2 months only or do i use "couple of months" when i mean 3,4 months?
    When I am not sure if the event happened 2,3 or 4 months ago,do I use "couple months ago" or "few months ago"? do "couple" and "few" roughly mean the same when it's used in this context.

Thanks.

• Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo
    hope gonghai won't be mad because I'm adding another question here under his/her topic. I'm new to this forum. Pls forgive me and let me know if I should start another topic for the following question about "couple".
    Teachers,
    when people say "couple of months",do they mean 2 months only or do i use "couple of months" when i mean 3,4 months?
    When I am not sure if the event happened 2,3 or 4 months ago,do I use "couple months ago" or "few months ago"? do "couple" and "few" roughly mean the same when it's used in this context.

Thanks.
    Generally couple refers to two and few refers to more than two, say, 'three' or 'not many'.

All the best, :D