Thread: True Beauty

MinnaX. Guest

Default True Beauty

True beauty is not found in fashion magazines

That night at home, I sat on the sofa, brought out all magazines I had, tried to look for something I really want to see. One hour later, I did not find the things I except to see. However, I did find something unfair. The pictures in the magazines I saw give me feelings like this, which are only the people who have skinny bodies, dye their hair, put makeup are beautiful, just like the models in the magazines. Are my feelings right? Well, in some ways, my feelings are wrong.

Most of the girls the same ages as me read magazines; we believe what we see in the magazines, we try to follow the magazines. Even sometimes, we ignore our own self-condition to follow magazines, put ourselves on diet, dye our hair frequently and learn how to do make up because we blindly believe that are the trends. However, we do not realize that the standard of beauty magazines showed does not reflect our society; most of the people in our society are not look like the ones in the magazines.

I think true beauty does not mean you need to be skinny.

True beauty does not mean you need to dye your hair

True beauty does not mean you need to put make up.

Do not follow magazines; true beauty does not mean you need to be skinny. Usually, computers fix the models’ pictures we see in the magazines. A software called “Photoshop”, and this software can fix any pictures into whatever you want. For example, in the movie “Titanic”, the main female character Ross performances by Kate Winslet, computer actually fixed her body shape in the movie. Every people have different body generations, some people are fat since they born and some people are thin. However, since all the models in the magazines are skinny, many people were misleading by them to put themselves on diet. During the loosing weight process, many people did harmful things to their bodies and they forgot about their health. Sometimes, non-scientific methods of losing weight can really give negative impacts to their bodies. Instead, if you have confidence to your life, if you keep smile on your face all the time, you will find no matter you are fat or thin, you are beautiful. Therefore, to put skinny as one standard of beauty in magazines is unfair to many peoples.

Do not follow magazines, true beauty does not mean you need to dye hair. The hair colors of models in magazines are variety. Red, blue, yellow, pink, some even mixed with more than one colors, so many people beside us begin to follow models dye their hair. However, the colorful hair models have in magazines does not reflect our society. People in our society, most of them have black hair and yellow hair. These two colors of hair are the natural ones, we got them since we born, and they come from the family generations. In other hand, dye hair is bad to your health. According to the scientific evidences, sometimes long-term use of permanent hair dye in dark colors doubles a person's risk of certain blood cancers, and the risk can reach to 50% or more. Therefore, when the magazines are encouraging you to dye you hair, tell yourself that is unfair to your health and true beauty does not mean you need to dye your hair.

Do not follow magazines; true beauty does not mean you to put make up. Many of today’s magazines lost natural by putting make up on their models. Many readers will follow what model did in the magazines to put make up on their faces even they look good in natural. The magazines are misleading people into an idea, which is to put make up on is better. Not everyone is suit for put make up, some people even look better when they have no make up on their faces. On the other hand, make up are bad to your skins, they may some what damage your skins because they are chemical products. The base of beauty is natural; nothing is more beautiful than natural. When the magazines put make up as standard of beauty, do not lose your own natural beauty.

In this beautiful world, many beautiful magazines misleading us to the standards of beauty, sometimes we made wrong understandings to beauty. To establish a beauty life, instead of following magazines, we should remember health, confidence and natural are the three primary colors of life.

Post Thanks / Like

Default re: True Beauty

True beauty is not found in fashion magazines.

At home that night I sat on the sofa and brought out all magazines I had. I tried to look for something I really wanted to see. An hour later I found nothing acceptable. What I discovered, however, was that the pictures in the magazines showed people who have thin bodies and colored hair, who are made up to look beautiful.

Most girls my age read these magazines. We believe what we see and read in them and follow their example. We even ignore who we really are by putting ourselves on diets and dying our hair. We even learn how to apply make-up. We blindly follow the trends without realizing that the standard of beauty magazines show us does not accurately reflect our society. Real people do not look like the ones in the magazines.

I think true beauty does not mean you need to be skinny.

True beauty does not mean you need to dye your hair.

True beauty does not mean you need to hide behind make-up. I will discuss these points in my next paragraphs.

First, computers fix the models’ pictures we see in magazines. A software program called “Photoshop” can alter any picture to whatever you want. For example, Kate Winslet's body shape was changed in the movie “Titanic” to make it more appealing. Everyone has their own unique shape. Some people are fat and some people are thin. However, since all the models in the magazines are skinny, many people are misled and put themselves on diets in order to look like the models. Many times people will do harmful things to their bodies and forget about their health. In my opinion, if you have confidence in yourself and keep a smile on your face you will find that it does not matter if you are fat or thin, you are beautiful.

Secondly, models' hair color can be red, blue, yellow, pink, some even mixed with more than one color. But such colorful hair does not reflect our society. People have black, brown, red, and blonde hair. These colors are natural and we inherit hair color from our family. Dyed hair is bad for your health. According to scientific evidence, long-term use of permanent hair dye in dark colors doubles a person's risk of certain blood cancers.

Finally, natural beauty is lost when you see so much make-up on fashion models. Many readers will ignore the fact that they look good without wearing make-up and emulate what a model does in a magazine. The magazines make us think that wearing make-up is better. Some people look better when they have no make-up on their faces. Make-up is bad for your skin and can cause damage because they contain chemicals. Nothing is more beautiful than natural skin.

In this world beauty magazines mislead us to a false standard of beauty. We should remember that health, confidence and natural beauty are the three primary colors of life.
    Last edited by Kate; 27-May-2008 at 00:05.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: True Beauty

What night is that night?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, correct. It should read, "At home one night..."

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnaX. View Post

That night at home, I sat on the sofa, brought out all magazines I had, tried to look for something I really want to see. One hour later, I did not find the things I except to see.

At home one night I sat on the sofa and brought out all the magazines I had, looking for something I really wanted to see. After about an hour, I had not found what I was looking for.