Post Thanks / Like

Default I lost my punch card

Please proofread.....

I would like to bring to notice that I had met with an accident on Sunday, the 25th May 2008 and I must have misplaced my punch card somewhere or worst, 'dropped' it on my way out from the hospital. I couldn’t notice this due to pain. After searching and with no luck, I figured it was gone forever.
    Please note that I was using this card since my inception to the organization. Many of the employees have changed to new punch card but I still continuing the old one because it was working fine. I would now request you to issue the new punch card and oblige.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I lost my punch card

I would like to bring to notice that on Sunday, the 25th May 2008 and I must have misplaced my punch card somewhere or worst, 'dropped' it on my way out from the hospital. I couldn’t notice this due to pain. After searching and with no luck, I figured it was gone forever.
    Please note that I was using this card since my inception to the organization. Many of the employees have changed to new punch card but I still continuing the old one because it was working fine. I would now request you to issue the new punch card and oblige.

You begin by telling about your accident, which suggests you are going to ask for sick leave! This is an official request, so start with the nature of this so the reader has a mental framework.

I would like to request the issue of a new punch card. On Sunday, 25th May, 2008, I met with an accident, and I believe I lost the card whilst at the hospital. I wasn't aware of this at the time, as I was in a great deal of pain. I have searched for the card, but with no success. (The card dated from my commencement with the organization, and many employees have changed to the new punch card.)
    I trust you will be able to oblige me in this request.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I lost my punch card

Quote Originally Posted by charchita View Post

I

misplaced my punch card.
    As David L indicated, You should get right to the point. ("I lost my punch card. I need a new one.")

Are you required to make such requests in writing?