• Native Language:
      • Brazilian Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Default proofread this text

Please, dear teachers, could you proofread this text for me?

-------------------------------
    Hello, dear friends, the other I found myself trying to make any distro run on a pc of a friend of mine, however, the only distro that could be installed was Ubuntu, however, again, the desktop was not visible as one could do anything on that machine. The images were doubled and some lists appeared suddenly on the screen.
    I tried with slackware 12, installation goes fine til it is needed to set partition table, the system says it is not possible to write on partition table, then, installation can't go further.
    I did it again, this time, with fedora, however, an error that I can't remember details, came out, installation was not possible either.

So, what can I do to get that pc running some distro?

Thank you in advance for you efforts.
    ------------------------

Thank you very much

sarat_106 is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: proofread this text

I am not a proessional teacher. I understand, your writings relate to installation of some new programme on a PC. If this is true, here is the corrections.

Hello, dear friends, the other day I found myself trying to make a distro run on the pc of a friend of mine. However, the only distro that could be installed was Ubuntu. Unfortunately, the desktop was not visible. So no one could do anything on that machine. The images were doubled and some lists appeared suddenly on the screen.
    I tried with slackware 12, installation goes fine till it needed a set of partition table. The system says it is not possible to write on partition table. So installation couldn’t go further.
    I did it again, this time, with fedora. However, an error that I can’t remember the details, came out and installation was not possible in any case.

Abstract Idea is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: proofread this text

Hello, dear friends, the other day I found myself trying to make a linux distro run on the pc of a friend of mine. However, the only distro that could be installed was Ubuntu. Unfortunately, the desktop was not visible. So no one could do anything on that machine. The images were doubled and some lists appeared suddenly on the screen.
    Then I tried with Slackware 12, the installation went fine till it was needed to set the partition table. The system informed it was not possible to write on the partition table. So the installation couldnít go further.
    I tried again, this time, with Fedora. However an error, from which I canít remember the details, came out and installation was not possible in any case.

Solution 1: Try partitioning with Ubuntu first (text mode) then install Slackware!
    Solution 2: Try damn small linux !!