• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Post my reading report~~that would be kind of you to give me some comment

the Bridges of Madison County
    ‘why do people falling love with each other can not be together?’ I often asked myself a series of questions just like that, in the past days. Especially, when I read a romantic book with an unhappy ending, I always felt great sorry for the couple who broke up with speechless regrets in the end.
    But after I have read a book and seen an American movie named The Bridge of Madison County. I suddenly understand why they had to make such a decision as well as why some people chose to stay and some people had to leave. This movie expresses to us its opinion by using pictures true to life, words soft and delicate and music close to heart, which lead us into an emotional world.
    The story happened as follows: A photographer, Robert came to a small town in the western America. As he was a newcomer, he couldn’t find the place, a bridge where he had planned to go. So he asked help from a woman, who was sitting in a couch at the porch. The woman named Francisca was a housewife whose husband and children have been out for a week. She enjoyed the peaceful life she had now, but sometimes it was too quiet for her to live on.
    W hen she saw Robert, she was attracted by the different character in him and she showed him the way and went there with him. Later that afternoon, Francisca invited Robert to stay at her house and she was willing to take care of him.
    Soon, they fell in love with each other. Time was so happy then. Francisca prepared breakfast for Robert every morning. In the afternoon, they went to the bridge together, where the scenery was so fantastic, taking photos and talking and laughing. This was not easy for the middle-aged people to have. After a day’s work, they went back home side by side and then began to enjoy the dinner and the whole lovely evening. Usually, they would take a dance or listen to a piece of music they both loved.
    Happy time flew fast! A week passed. It meant that it was time for Robert and Francisca to stop, because her family would return soon. But they did love each other deeply. How could they say good-bye to their beloved.
    Finally, Robert asked Francisca if she wanted to go with to start a new life. Francisca was so painful and unaided. At heart, she wanted to go with Robert. But considering that it would do great harm to her family, she had to stay to be the same. Both of them had been experiencing the most miserable time in their life.
    In the end, Francisca took the responsibility for the family again and decided to play her role as a good mother and a virtuous housewife.
    The last time they dated, Robert said the last words to Francisca. ‘This kind of certainty comes, but once in a lifetime.’ Then they left each other.
    Perhaps many people all has this kind of voice within. When they were young, they had an unforgettable love. But somehow, for some particular reason, they stopped it. However, it is still the most tender part in everyone’s heart. Because love is valuable and respectable, love is not the only thing we have, but the thing we desire most.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: my reading report~~that would be kind of you to give me some comment

Why don’t people who fall in love with each other stay together?’ I have asked myself a series of questions just like this, in the past days. Especially, when I read a romantic book with an unhappy ending, I always feel great sorrow for the couple who break up with speechless regrets in the end.
    But after I read a book and saw the American movie named ‘The Bridges of Madison County’, I suddenly understood why they had to make such a decision as well as why some people chose to stay and some people have to leave. This movie expresses to us an opinion using true to life pictures, soft words and delicate music.
    The story happened as follows: A photographer, Robert came to a small town in western America. As he was a newcomer, he couldn’t find a bridge where he wanted to go. So he asked a woman, who was sitting in a couch at the porch, for help. The woman, named Francisca, was a housewife whose husband and children had been away for a week. She enjoyed the peaceful life she had now, but sometimes it was too quiet for her.
    W hen she saw Robert, she was attracted to his character and she took him to the bridge he was looking for. Later that afternoon, Francisca invited Robert to stay at her house as she wanted to take care of him.
    Soon, they fell in love and were having a great time with each other. Francisca made breakfast for Robert every morning. In the afternoon, they went to the bridge together, where the scenery was so fantastic, taking photos and talking and laughing. This was not easy for the middle-aged. After a day’s work, they went back home, side by side, and then began to enjoy dinner and the whole of the lovely evening. Usually, they would dance or listen to a piece of music they both loved.
    The happy times flew by! A week passed; it meant that it was time for Robert and Francisca to stop, because her family would soon return. They loved each other so deeply that they couldn’t say good-bye.
    Finally, Robert asked Francisca if she wanted to go with him to start a new life. Francisca felt so pained. In her heart, she wanted to go with Robert, but she knew it would do great harm to her family, so she had to stay. Both of them experienced the most miserable time of their lives.
    In the end, Francisca took the responsibility for the family again and decided to play her role as a good mother and a virtuous housewife.
    The last time they dated, Robert said his last words to Francisca,‘This kind of certainty comes, but once in a lifetime.’ Then they left each other.
    Perhaps many people have this kind of feeling within. When they were young, they had an unforgettable love, but somehow, for some particular reason, it stopped. However, it is still the most tender part in everyone’s heart. Love is valuable and respectable, love is not the only thing we have, but the thing we desire most.