• Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default iceberg lettuce

Hi everybody!

I’m trying to write an article about iceberg lettuce. Could you, please, check the following sentences. If you come up with any creative ideas, that will be great. This forum really helps me to get better understanding of English!

Iceberg lettuce is a type of crisp-head lettuce. Its light green leaves are formed into a densely packed head that weights about 2 pounds. Iceberg lettuce is amazingly juicy and crispy and it can be stored for a long time. It is good to season iceberg salads with olive oil.

Leaf lettuce is becoming increasingly popular in cookery these days. One reason is that nothing could be healthier than lettuce. Although lettuce is juicy, it ranks first among low-cal food (lettuce contains only 12 kcal/100g). And that's what those watching their weight love about it. Lettuce and vegetables are often a core of various “green” slim diets.

Thanks in advance

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: iceberg lettuce

Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post
    Hi everybody!

I’m trying to write an article about iceberg lettuce. Could you, please, check the following sentences. If you come up with any creative ideas, that will be great. This forum really helps me to get better understanding of English!

Iceberg lettuce is a type of crisp-head lettuce. Its light green leaves are formed into a densely packed head that weighs about 2 pounds. Iceberg lettuce is amazingly juicy and crispy and it can be stored for a long time. It is good to dress iceberg salads with olive oil.

Leaf lettuce is becoming increasingly popular in cookery these days. One reason is that nothing could be healthier than lettuce. Although lettuce is juicy, it ranks first among low-cal food (lettuce contains only 12 kcal/100g). And that's what those watching their weight love about it. Lettuce and vegetables are often the core of various “green” slim diets.

Thanks in advance