• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

• Post Thanks / Like

Post A sentence is very long. so I don't understand well.

Example
    Another question: Medical insurance-of course, here in Canada, the whole subject of medical insurance and our national health system is always in the news, and I think a lot of people feel that having paid taxes for thirty, forty years as they approach old age when they're more likely to need health care, that they're going to be in a great, long lineup of people all trying to access that health care, which seems to be having trouble keeping up. So then, does your policy then provide sort of additional security of access to health care, or just what is the nature of your insurance policy?

Question-1
    Above a blue sentence, it is very long.

In a part of "I think a lot of people feel that ~", what does a lot of people feel? necessity of medical insurance and national health system?

Question-2
    In a part of "which seems to be having trouble keeping up", what's the meaning of "be having trouble keeping up"?

I think that it is a problem to operate health care because of be trying to use lots of people.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: A sentence is very long. so I don't understand well.

Quote Originally Posted by KIMJONGEUN View Post
    Example
    Another question: Medical insurance-of course, here in Canada, the whole subject of medical insurance and our national health system is always in the news, and I think a lot of people feel that having paid taxes for thirty, forty years as they approach old age when they're more likely to need health care, that they're going to be in a great, long lineup of people all trying to access that health care, which seems to be having trouble keeping up. So then, does your policy then provide sort of additional security of access to health care, or just what is the nature of your insurance policy?

Question-1
    Above a blue sentence, it is very long.

In a part of "I think a lot of people feel that ~", what does a lot of people feel? necessity of medical insurance and national health system?

Question-2
    In a part of "which seems to be having trouble keeping up", what's the meaning of "be having trouble keeping up"?

I think that it is a problem to operate health care because of be trying to use lots of people.
    Q 1. A lot of people think that, because of demand, they may not get the healthcare that they feel entitled to, having paid taxes for 30 to 40 years.

Q 2. Because of high demand for health care, the national health system is having problems coping.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: A sentence is very long. so I don't understand well.

"I think a lot of people feel that ~"

In my opinion, if you asked a lot of people what they thought about the national health service, a lot of them would feel/be of the same opinion : that...

"which seems to be having trouble keeping up

The health care system has so many doctors, nurses, and hospitials to meet the needs of the nation. Then people start living longer, so there are more people to care for; and the older a person, the more health care they need because things do go wrong with your health as you grow older. So, as the demand increases, so resources need to increase. But if the demand increases rapidly, and the government is slow to increase resources, then available resources are not keeping up with demand - they are having trouble keeping up with demand.