Post Thanks / Like

How To Motivate Kids To Learn English Language

Have you noticed that things that interest you usually stays in your head longer than things that you find boring. You’ve probably heard that kid’s brains are like sponges when it comes to learning new things. Our children are born into a day and age where ordinary just isn’t good enough anymore. Thats why it is important that when it comes to teaching kids we must deal with what they find interesting.

First its important to start early, since kids are wired to learn. And use
    Appropriate Materials like story books, flash cards, and other colorful items that feature different languages. Also, it would be best to keep exposing the child to the language to make him as comfortable with it as possible.

For more tips visit this site mingoville.com I hope in one way or another this can help.
    Last edited by cooriema; 04-Jun-2008 at 22:57. Reason: Added some more information

arij98 is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Tunisia
      • Current Location:
      • Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Motivate Kids To Learn English Language

useful tips
    thank you cooriema!!!

otabek404 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for sharing with us this mingoville.com program. I have just created an account, which took 20 seconds.

My kids will love it. Anyone using it at schools? Thanks.

KYL is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Learning is fun! When the fun stops, that's when learning stops. There are 2 sides to the proposed answers - 1. The theoretical aspect and 2. The Practical aspect.

1. When it comes to learning a new skill, regardless of whether it is a language or an instrument, the learning needs to have a direction, measurable and rewarding, otherwise who one to learn or embrace new skills? Unless the individual are extremely discipline or driven and such person most probably have enough experience to know how to drive themself and know what they need.

I used to employ teachers that were able to make the kids happy to learn, but soon found out the kids are very, very happy and also unable to progress. Fun and games that facilitates learning must have the right value with the intended outcome. Teachers also need to know the students have a variety of learning styles (see www.vark.com) and the teacher also needs to develop their own learning and teaching styles. Multi-delivery mode is the key to keep the student interest and attention. Find out what is the student real need instead of superficial need!

2. The practical aspect!
    If the teacher is motivated then the passion will be assimilated! I found this website has new interesting things that might be helpful- www.dupublishers.com and they also posted some free digital flashcards via youtube and the address is I think..
    www.youtube.com/duenglishclub if not just go to youtube and type duenglishclub.

Regards,
    KYLoke

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm a newcomer in this site. I was attracted by the ideas. I wonder, if you are teaching English language to non-native speakers, what methods or techniques would you implement to gauge their interest to learn English? Through my observation, it was quite difficult especially when your students came from different ethnic backgrounds and behaviour patterns. Well, every cloud has its silver lining , right? Share with me, please.