Post Thanks / Like

Default a birthday card for a girl

I am preparing a birthday card for one of my friend. I want to write it like this:

I wish you an enjoyable evening and a prosperous, fruitful, joyful, bright…new year.

I want to put as many adjectives as possible between "a" and "new year", but I don't think I have enough words for that. Would you please give me a list of adjectives, which you think might be appropriate in this context? Thanks very much! :)

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

In ordinary language, we shouldn't put too many adjectives here- there are few examples of more than five being used. I would suggest,therefore, that you either choose a few carefully or go to the other extreme and list dozens of them.
    prosperous, successful, rewarding, joyful, fulfilling, memorable, happy, peaceful, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    In ordinary language, we shouldn't put too many adjectives here- there are few examples of more than five being used. I would suggest,therefore, that you either choose a few carefully or go to the other extreme and list dozens of them.
    prosperous, successful, rewarding, joyful, fulfilling, memorable, happy, peaceful, etc.
    Yeah, go to the exterme and list dozens of them. That's what I want to do. Thanks, tdol. :)