• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TV Presenter Zhang Yu Defends for Xu Na

Hi! Could you please proofread the text as below at your convenience? It is only my translation exercise which is based on a piece of Chinese news. And it doesn't stand for my viewpoint. Thanks in advance.

Many Chinese netizens would associate Xu Na, journalist of CCTV (China Central Television Station) - top TV station in China, with a truant now. In the evening, May 13, her lousy performance in CCTV's news live broadcast about recent China's devastating earthquake triggered biting criticism against this young female journalist. Chinese Internet users uploaded the video clips to major online social communities and hurled a torrent of verbal abuse against her, such as truant, paralyzed brain, etc.

Now the blog of Zhang Yu’s, the famous TV news commentator and Xu’s colleague as well, casts public limelight on Xu Na again while the event has calmed down gradually.

Zhang wrote an article titled "Xu Na was not a Truant" in his blog. Zhang said he had intended to speak for Xu but didn’t make up his mind because he was concerned that his remarks would fuse new firestorm. Zhang argued Xu Na was neither out of journalism nor lacking morality but just made mistakes in her assignment of earthquake coverage.

PS: I don't like the sentence highlighted in purple as above. Could you especially make it flowing ?
    Last edited by thedaffodils; 12-Jun-2008 at 15:55.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: TV Presenter Zhang Yu Defends for Xu Na

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hi! Could you please proofread the text as below at your convenience? It is only my translation exercise which is based on a piece of Chinese news. And it doesn't stand for my viewpoint. Thanks in advance.

Many Chinese netizens would now associate Xu Na, journalist of CCTV (China Central Television Station) - top TV station in China, with a truant nowwith being a truant/with truancy. In the evening, May 13, her lousy performance on CCTV's news live broadcast about China's recent devastating earthquake triggered biting criticism against this young female [states the obvious, since you have already said "her"] journalist. Chinese Internet users uploaded the video clips to major online social communities and hurled a torrent of verbal abuse against her, such as truant, paralyzed brain, etc.

Now the blog of Zhang Yus, the famous TV news commentator and Xus colleague as wellNow Zhang Yu, the famous TV news commentator, Xu's colleague, in his blog directs public limelight on Xu Na again although the event had calmed down gradually.

Zhang wrote an article titled "Xu Na was not a Truant" in his blog. Zhang said he had intended to speak up for Xu before but had been concerned that his remarks would trigger a new firestorm. Zhang argued that Xu Na was neither out of journalism nor lacking morality [had neither left journalism nor lacked morality] but just had made mistakes in her coverage of the earthquake.

PS: I don't like the sentence highlighted in purple as above. Could you especially make it flowing ?
    I am not quite sure what the purple sentence meant, particularly the bit "out of journalism".

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: TV Presenter Zhang Yu Defends for Xu Na

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    I am not quite sure what the purple sentence meant, particularly the bit "out of journalism".
    Hi Anglika,

Thank you so much! Your correction is right on the mark about the sentence in the purple. I need to take some time to think about the mistakes I made in my writing.

Have a good dream!

PS: Big smiles of tzfujimino's ( a forumite here) are too contagious.
    Last edited by thedaffodils; 13-Jun-2008 at 01:16.